- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Slut-shamed; Fans Post Hate Comments, Ask Her To Undergo Surgery Like Mom Sridevi
- Janhvi Kapoor Has Tremendous Potential & Is Here To Stay In Bollywood: Arjun Kapoor
- WIFT Awards: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Her Daughter Aaradhya Steal The Show; See Photos!
- Janhvi Kapoor Asks Karan Johar On How To Deal With Trolls & Here's What He Has To Say!
- Shahrukh Khan's Son Aryan & Khushi Kapoor To Debut In Bollywood With A Karan Johar Film?
- Janhvi Kapoor On Competing With Sara Ali Khan: People Love Pitting Women Against Each Other
- Priyanka Chopra Celebrates Her Late Father’s Birthday, Goes Out For Dinner With Mom & Janhvi Kapoor
- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Karan Johar Reveals Major Details About Takht, Says It's Like 'K3G Of The Mughal Era'!
- Karan Johar Announces Takht With Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor!
- Salman Khan & Katrina Kaif Turn Groom & Bride For Manish Malhotra; Janhvi & Sara Make Jaws Drop
- Why Is Suhana Khan On The Vogue Cover? Fans Troll Shahrukh Khan’s Daughter More BRUTALLY Than Janhvi
Janhvi Kapoor is all set for her debut, Dhadak. But did you know, who suggested her name for the film? It was designer Manish Malhotra, who suggested Kapoor's name to Karan Johar, who is producing the film. Dhadak is the Hindi adaptation of Nagraj Manjule's Marathi blockbuster Sairat (2016).
According to director Shashank Khaitan, Karan Johar felt there was 'something nice and interesting' about Kapoor, following which the director set up meetings with the then aspiring actor while he was working on his last release, Badrinath Ki Dulhania.
How Shashank Finalized Janhvi?
"Two months before 'Badrinath...' I started hanging out with her to understand her process and realised she knows cinema. By the third meeting, we were talking about how a character works in a film.
"I figured her process is similar to what I had learnt from Naseeruddin Shah sir. I gave her a few scenes of 'Badri...' and when she performed those, I knew she understood what she was doing," Khaitan says.
How Ishaan Came On Board?
For the male lead, Ishaan Khatter, actor Shahid Kapoor's half-brother, the director says he and Johar got acquainted with him through his "quirky" Instagram videos.
"When we met him, we realised he was gifted. He turned out to be a natural fit for 'Dhadak' - age-wise and also for Madhukar's character. He impressed us right from the beginning," he says.
Shashank On Resuming Shoot Of Dhadak Post Sridevi's Demise
Janhvi resumed shooting for her debut within 13 days of Sridevi's demise this February, the filmmaker said.
"It was very important not just for me but for my entire team to isolate what had happened as a personal tragedy and get back to filmmaking in a professional way. Everything I felt at that point was dealt on a personal level. Credit to Janhvi and her family on how they dealt with it.
"When we came back on sets, it was really important that we focus on the film and not let it bog us down or do things differently because then we would be cheating the film," Khaitan told PTI.
Shashank Praises Janhvi For Her 'Strength'
The director praises Kapoor for showing strength of character in tough times. He says once the 21-year-old actor was back on set, it was work as usual.
"We were behaving the way we were earlier and trying to make things normal. We had a proper 12-hour working day when she returned and we didn't make any special efforts to reduce the time or go slower," he says.
"As someone who knows her and her family, there were certain things I would do differently on a personal level which I would continue to do. But as a film director, I had a responsibility not only towards her but to everybody associated with 'Dhadak'," he adds.