- Kareena Kapoor NOT INTERESTED In Working With Shahrukh Khan? Good Prospects For Aishwarya & Deepika
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Cannes 2018: Unlike Aishwarya Rai & Deepika, Sonam Kapoor FAILS To Grab Eyeballs On Red Carpet
- Anushka Sharma Ends Cold War With Deepika Padukone? Praises Her Cannes Look Leaving Fans Surprised
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone Charms In Frilly Pink, Kangana Ranaut Is Glam In Embroidered Catsuit!
- Cannes: Deepika Padukone Knows How To Get The Cape Game Bang On, See It For Yourself!
- CANNES 2018: Deepika Padukone & Kangana Ranaut LOCK HORNS At The Red Carpet Looking All FIERY [PICS]
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone SLAYS It Like A Boss! View Pictures
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Ranveer Singh Was Missing Deepika Padukone Badly At Sonam Kapoor's Reception!
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Tell Staff Not To Take Leave During Their Wedding; Dates Finalised
Police have arrested the Chittorgarh unit Chief of the Shri Rajput Karni Sena, after its spokesperson declared that over 1,900 women of the community are "ready" to commit "jauhar" or mass immolation as part of protests over the release of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmaavat.
Police swooped down on the residences of Karni Sena Chittorgarh unit President, Govind Singh Khangarot, and Vice President Kamlendu Singh Solanki at 11 pm on Tuesday and arrested them. Police also arrested Devendra Singh, one of the main members of the organisation.
Rajpratap Singh Quoted
Speaking to IANS, Rajpratap Singh, state media in charge Karni Sena, said that "Police are trying their best to curb our protest. We are not being allowed to take out a rally or stage protest. There is ‘nakabandi' all around and strict police arrangements have been made in this town," he said.
He Further Commented
"We have called a meeting and will unveil our next phase of action by evening after a call taken by our Chief Lokendra Singh Kalvi," he added.
On Tuesday, a senior spokesperson of the Karni Sena from Chittorgarh had said that "People from the city of Queen Padmaavat are disheartened with the verdict of the Supreme Court. If we want, we can choose violent ways and disturb people and tourists. However, on the contrary, our women have decided to opt for jauhar (mass immolation) without disturbing anyone," he said.
He claimed that "wood has been collected at the jauhar location and 1,908 women have registered for jauhar. If the administration allows us to climb on top of the fort, we will do so."
The film releases on Thursday. The Karni Sena and other fringe groups claim Bhansali's period drama distorts history.