- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Walk Hand-in-hand, On A Secret Vacation! Watch Videos
- Lake Como: Pics Of Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's Wedding Destination Will Take Your Breath Away
- While Facing Trolls For Mulk, Anubhav Sinha Is Taking Inspiration From Deepika Padukone!
- Ex-lovers Katrina Kaif & Salman Khan To Follow Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone's Footsteps!
- Deepika Padukone Becomes The First B-Town Celebrity To Make It To The A-List Area At Madame Tussauds
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Madame Tussauds: Deepika Padukone To Join Katrina Kaif, Shahrukh Khan, Big B & Others In London
- Catfight Brewing Between Kriti Sanon & Shraddha Kapoor! Sushant Singh Rajput To Be Blamed?
- Deepika Padukone Ends Cold War With Katrina Kaif; Does The Unexpected On Her Birthday!
- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
Police have arrested the Chittorgarh unit Chief of the Shri Rajput Karni Sena, after its spokesperson declared that over 1,900 women of the community are "ready" to commit "jauhar" or mass immolation as part of protests over the release of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmaavat.
Police swooped down on the residences of Karni Sena Chittorgarh unit President, Govind Singh Khangarot, and Vice President Kamlendu Singh Solanki at 11 pm on Tuesday and arrested them. Police also arrested Devendra Singh, one of the main members of the organisation.
Rajpratap Singh Quoted
Speaking to IANS, Rajpratap Singh, state media in charge Karni Sena, said that "Police are trying their best to curb our protest. We are not being allowed to take out a rally or stage protest. There is ‘nakabandi' all around and strict police arrangements have been made in this town," he said.
He Further Commented
"We have called a meeting and will unveil our next phase of action by evening after a call taken by our Chief Lokendra Singh Kalvi," he added.
On Tuesday, a senior spokesperson of the Karni Sena from Chittorgarh had said that "People from the city of Queen Padmaavat are disheartened with the verdict of the Supreme Court. If we want, we can choose violent ways and disturb people and tourists. However, on the contrary, our women have decided to opt for jauhar (mass immolation) without disturbing anyone," he said.
He claimed that "wood has been collected at the jauhar location and 1,908 women have registered for jauhar. If the administration allows us to climb on top of the fort, we will do so."
The film releases on Thursday. The Karni Sena and other fringe groups claim Bhansali's period drama distorts history.