- Newton Actor Pankaj Tripathi: I Want To Do Entertaining Cinema With Social Message
- Newton Movie Review: This Rajkummar Rao Starrer Tells You Why Democracy Isn't Just Booth & Buttons!
- Maazii Movie Review: Shocking Surprise Of The Season
- Shakeela Biopic First Look: Richa Chadha Ditches Her Glamorous Avatar For A Kerala Saree!
- Bigg Boss Kannada 2: Day 2 Highlights
- Bigg Boss Kannada 2: Day 1 Highlights
Pankaj Tripathi is reuniting with his Masaan co-star Richa Chadha in the upcoming biopic on South star Shakeela. The film is being helmed by acclaimed director, Indrajit Lankesh. While Richa has already begun shooting for the film, Pankaj will join the team end of August in a location in Karnataka for the shoot. Richa had also shared a few stills of hers from the shooting location, looking all beautiful.
Tripathi, who will play the role of a 90s actor in the film, said Shakeela's story is both inspiring and heartbreaking. "I am looking forward to essay the role of an actor on screen. It's such an important story to be told as so little is known of her."
"Everyone has a very bleak idea of Shakeela and who she was. Her story is both heartbreaking yet inspiring. I have already begun the prep and I am looking forward to working with Richa again. They have put together an incredibly talented team," Tripathi told PTI.
The actor, who had a phenomenal 2017 with hits such as Newton, Bareilly Ki Barfi and Gurgaon, is looking at an equally promising year with releases such as Stree, Drive and Amazon's series Mirzapur. Tripathi was most recently seen in the critically-acclaimed Netflix original Sacred Games.
Elaborating on his role in the biopic, Tripathi said his character is someone who is her friend. Shakeela is best known for her softcore films in Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu, a genre that also produced Silk Smitha, whose life inspired the Hindi film Dirty Picture.
She is still active in films but she enjoyed major popularity in the 90s and early 2000s.