- Priyanka & Nick's Engagement: Here's 4 Other Actresses Who Found Love In Foreign Shores
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas' Engagement Bash Was A Night To Remember, Check Out Inside Pics!
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Engagement Bash: First Picture Of Priyanka & Nick From The Party
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Engagement Bash: Nick Shares A Pic Of 'Bade Papa With Papa Jonas'
- LIVE UPDATES: Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Engagement Bash: Celebrities Arrive At The Party!
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Engagement: Karan Patel, Anusha & Other TV Celebs Wish The Couple
- Koffee With Karan Season 6: Will Priyanka Chopra Grace The Show Before or After Marrying Nick Jonas?
- Parineeti Chopra's Emotional Post For Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas
- Shahid Kapoor Reacts To Alleged EX-GF Priyanka Chopra’s Engagement To Nick Jonas!
- Priyanka Chopra's Roka Ceremony: An Emotional Moment For The Actress As She Misses THIS Person Badly
- Inside Pics From Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas' Roka Ceremony: The Couple Looks Every Bit In Love!
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement Ceremony: A Timeline Of Their Love Story
Since the day we had heard that Priyanka Chopra will be starring opposite Salman Khan in Bharat, we are not able to contain our excitement. The duo worked together in many films including Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, God Tussi Great Ho and Salaam-E-Ishq.
In her exclusive interview with Esquire, Priyanka Chopra talks about Bharat and her other upcoming Hollywood projects. She says, "I've finished up two films: A Kid Like Jake, which comes out in June. And Isn't it Romantic?, which comes out Valentine's Day 2019.I play a spoiled rich woman who is a yoga guru, which is not a thing.
Priyanka On 'Bharat'
Speaking about Bharat, Priyanka reveals, "Bharat is the Indian movie I signed this year. It's the quintessential Bollywood movie, which I haven't done in many years.
A lot of them were dramatic and thematic. This one's going to be out and out entertainment. I'm excited! I haven't been back to do a movie in two or three years now."
Priyanka Chopra Also Explains 'Bollywood' & Says..
"I can explain that more. When people say, "You're doing a Bollywood movie," they only think of Bollywood movies being synchronized song and dance. Bollywood is the name for an entire industry. Those aren't the only kind of movies we make."
'Every Country And Every Culture Has Its Stereotype'
"We have every other genre. Yes, music is a very important part of it, but we don't have synchronized dancing in everything we do. Plus, Bollywood is not a place. Every country and every culture has its stereotype, I get that.
Here, everyone has superpowers and aliens only land in America. I just really want Indian cinema to break through that and for people to be introduced to the other forms of Indian cinema we have."
Priyanka: I Want The World
In the same interview, Priyanka also said that, "I'm an actor and an artist, and I want to go where my work takes me. I don't want to settle for one or two countries, I want the world. I'm very clear about it. As long as people want to watch me, I want to entertain."
Priyanka Feels A Sense Of Acceptance
"To me, being an Indian actor, or an actor of South Asian descent, or a woman of color, or an immigrant-whichever title you like-being all of those people and being in America and getting the kind of welcome and love I've gotten within the industry, it feels like a sense of acceptance.
I hope with me getting that acceptance, it opens up the floodgates for more people who look like me. I hope that sort of makes the conversation for actresses or people of color to get more opportunities because it's the opportunities that lack."
Coming back to Bharat, Priyanka Chopra will kick-start the shooting of the film in August this year.