- Priyanka Chopra Is Too Dark To Be Crowned Miss India; When A Jury Member Passed A Racist Remark
- Priyanka Chopra Spotted Celebrating B'day With Nick Jonas; Madhu Chopra Comments On Their Marriage
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra! Here Are 7 Most Defining Moments That Changed Her Life Forever
- This Game Of Thrones Star Accompanies Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas On A Double Date!
- Priyanka Chopra Dances Her Heart Out; Wraps The Shooting Of 'Isn't It Romantic' In Style!
- Priyanka Chopra Talks About Her Boyfriend Nick Jonas; Says They Are Getting To Know Each Other!
- BREAKING! Priyanka Chopra Will Be Getting MARRIED To Nick Jonas Soon; Drops A Major Hint On Wedding!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Priyanka Chopra In No Mood To PATCH UP; Their Latest Move Hints So!
- Nirbhaya Case: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma & Others Hail The Supreme Court's Verdict!
- This Actor Played Cupid In Priyanka Chopra- Nick Jonas' Love Story; Asks If They Are Happy Together!
- Priyanka Chopra Announces Her Next Bollywood Film After Bharat; Can You Guess The Name?
- Priyanka Chopra's Mother Madhu Chopra Responds To The BMC's Illegal Construction Notice!
Priyanka Chopra is making our nation proud with her achievements not just here but even on the international platform. Bollywood's desi girl has been creating waves all over with her charm and impressive acting chops. Therefore, we were in for a great shock when the beautiful actress recently revealed how she recently lost out on a movie because of her 'skin color' in an interview with an international publication.
In the same interview, PeeCee who has always been vocal about issues that plague the entertainment industry also spoke about the disparity in the fees of male and female actors. Like a true feminist, not mincing her words here's what she had to say-
The Pay Gap Is Staggering
Priyanka was quoted as saying, "I feel it every year, especially when you're doing movies with really big actors, whether it's in India or America. If an actor is getting 100 bucks, the conversation will start with max, like, 8 bucks. The gap is that staggering."
Priyanka Speaks The Harsh Reality
"In America, we don't talk about it as brashly, whereas in India the issue is not skirted around. I've been told straight up, if it's a female role in a movie with big, male actors attached, your worth is not really considered as much. It happens in both countries, it's just that here, it's hidden behind other things. In America, everyone is so worried about being liable that they don't want to say anything wrong, but they end up doing it anyway."
Priyanka On The Renumeration She Deserves
"I'm a producer, so I understand how much of an asset, as an actor, I would be on a project.I don't negotiate-I make my [agent] negotiate. That's step one. But I think negotiating is important. I'm not someone who is demanding. I'm conversational."
She Will Never Demand Ridiculous Amount Of Money
"So when I talk money, I'm not going to be asking for ridiculous amounts that I might not be able to bring back. It starts with me being logical and saying, ‘I deserve that much in numeration. These are the returns that I see myself bringing to the table.' And, usually most people come around when you place it like that," PeeCee further added.
Here's Comes A Shocker
Priyanka also opened up about an incident where she lost out on a movie due to her skin color. Isn't that quite shocking?
They Turned Her Down For This Reason
Speaking about it, Priyanka said, "It happened last year. I was out for a movie, and somebody [from the studio] called one of my agents and said, ‘She's the wrong-what word did they used?-‘physicality.'
Priyanka Was Affected By The Rejection
"So in my defense as an actor, I'm like, ‘Do I need to be skinnier? Do I need to get in shape? Do I need to have abs?' Like, what does ‘wrong physicality' mean?" And then my agent broke it down for me. Like, ‘I think, Priy, they meant that they wanted someone who's not brown.' It affected me," the 'Quantico' actress revealed.