TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Rajkummar Rao's Fanney Khan did not perform as expected at the box office, but the actor has no regrets. He's happy that he got an opportunity to work with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. In a recent interview to Firstpost, Rajkummar talked about Aish, Fanney Khan and his love for action films. He said, "Aishwarya has done a phenomenal job in the film. I have always liked her and there has always been a mutual admiration.''
He further added, ''With Fanney Khan, she gave me the space to perform as an actor. She never made me feel like she is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and I am this newcomer, and when you have that level of comfort with your co-actor, it shows in your performance."
It Was Like A Dream Come True
"Working with two stalwarts was like a dream come true for me but the most important thing for me was the story and that got me excited. It talks about dreams and aspirations, and I could just connect to the character. It also has a message in the form of body shaming which is a big taboo.''
'I Am Not In The Lead In Fanney Khan But...'
"Honestly it's the content which is the star of a film. I am not in the lead in Fanney Khan but I believed in its story. There are also films where I am playing the lead, like Stree or Made in China. Again the story mattered to me.''
'The Plot Should Excite Me'
''There were so many films that were offered to me where I was supposed to play the lead but I said no to all because the plot did not excite me. There is no point doing a film where you don't feel comfortable."
'I Want To Do An Action Film Now'
"I would love to do an action film. I think before Bareilley Ki Barfi, people did not see me as someone who could make others laugh. It's just that one film which can change things. If a script comes along and is good enough and has action in it then why not. If it requires six pack, I will go a step ahead and try for eight packs.''
On a related note, Rajkummar Rao's recently released film Fanney Khan could not even collect Rs 10 Crore at the box office.