- Rajkummar Rao On Scary Incidents During Stree Shooting; Was Told Not To Use Perfume At Night
- Fanney Khan Movie Review: Anil Kapoor's Honest Performance Deserved A Better Dream!
- Aishwarya Rai Travelled To Dadar Railway Station, Took A Bus & A Taxi! Unbelievable
- Fanney Khan Director Atul Manjrekar: 'Being Backed By A Big Banner Is Important'!
- Vogue Beauty Awards 2018 Winners: Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Janhvi Kapoor Win It Big!
- Vogue Beauty Awards 2018: Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut & Others Walk The Red Carpet
- Rajkummar Rao On Romantically Paired Opposite Aishwarya Rai In Fanney Khan: Weird Combination
- Stree Trailer Out: Shraddha Kapoor-Rajkummar Rao’s Film Looks Every Bit Entertaining
- Rajkummar Rao- Shraddha Kapoor's Stree First Look Poster Comes With A Warning!
- Rajkummar Rao Is All Set To Win Hearts With His Yet Another Quirky Character In Fanney Khan
- Mouni Roy On A Roll! Actress Bags Her Third Film Titled 'Made In China' Opposite Rajkumar Rao
- Fanney Khan: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Halka Halka Song Is Giving Us Romantic Vibes!
Rajkummar Rao's Fanney Khan did not perform as expected at the box office, but the actor has no regrets. He's happy that he got an opportunity to work with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. In a recent interview to Firstpost, Rajkummar talked about Aish, Fanney Khan and his love for action films. He said, "Aishwarya has done a phenomenal job in the film. I have always liked her and there has always been a mutual admiration.''
He further added, ''With Fanney Khan, she gave me the space to perform as an actor. She never made me feel like she is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and I am this newcomer, and when you have that level of comfort with your co-actor, it shows in your performance."
It Was Like A Dream Come True
"Working with two stalwarts was like a dream come true for me but the most important thing for me was the story and that got me excited. It talks about dreams and aspirations, and I could just connect to the character. It also has a message in the form of body shaming which is a big taboo.''
'I Am Not In The Lead In Fanney Khan But...'
"Honestly it's the content which is the star of a film. I am not in the lead in Fanney Khan but I believed in its story. There are also films where I am playing the lead, like Stree or Made in China. Again the story mattered to me.''
'The Plot Should Excite Me'
''There were so many films that were offered to me where I was supposed to play the lead but I said no to all because the plot did not excite me. There is no point doing a film where you don't feel comfortable."
'I Want To Do An Action Film Now'
"I would love to do an action film. I think before Bareilley Ki Barfi, people did not see me as someone who could make others laugh. It's just that one film which can change things. If a script comes along and is good enough and has action in it then why not. If it requires six pack, I will go a step ahead and try for eight packs.''
On a related note, Rajkummar Rao's recently released film Fanney Khan could not even collect Rs 10 Crore at the box office.