- When Atal Bihari Vajpayee Teamed Up With Shahrukh Khan & Yash Chopra For A Music Video
- RIP Atal Bihari Vajpayee: When Aishwarya Rai, SRK, Big B & Others Shared The Stage With The Leader
- Dhoom 4: Post Salman Khan's Exit, Will Shahrukh Khan Or Ranbir Kapoor Step Into His Shoes?
- Independence Day 2018: Must Watch Indian Television Shows On Armed Forces!
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Shahrukh Khan To Introduce Erica Fernandes & Parth Samthaan!
- Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Take A SLY DIG At Shahrukh Khan Over Casting Actresses In His Films?
- Why Did He Reject It? Salman Khan Was Supposed To Play Aishwarya Rai's Brother In Josh!
- Happy Birthday Kajol: Here's 5 Best Movies Of The Evergreen Actress
- Sunil Grover Celebrates His Birthday With Salman Khan & Shahrukh Khan On Dus Ka Dum Sets! (PICS)
- Salman Khan & Shahrukh Khan Reunite On The Sets Of Dus Ka Dum Season 3! Pic Leaked
- Not Only Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan Had Also Rejected Lagaan & Got Irritated With Ashutosh Gowariker
- Shahrukh Khan's Reaction On Priyanka Chopra's Marriage Will Leave You Shell Shocked!
Shahrukh Khan isn't just a Superstar. He's the synonym of hard work, passion, romance and dedication. Girls love him and outsiders idolize him, so that one day, they can also spin the world on their fingers with their sheer talent and in context to this, Rajkummar Rao was no different! While speaking to Humans Of Bombay, Rajkummar Rao revealed how Shahrukh Khan played a vital role in his life to achieve his dreams and his letter will surely leave you shedding happy tears.
Rajkummar Rao Writes..
"Growing up, I was fascinated with Shahrukh Sir-I used to stare at his posters and often think that if an outsider could make it as big as him, then maybe there was hope for me.
It wasn't rosy though-I didn't get a lot of work after I came to Mumbai. I only managed small ads here and there. Things you won't even recollect-I'd be like the 10th person standing in some ad!"
Despite All The Struggles, Rajkummar Never Gave Up
"I made about Rs. 10,000 a month--but still, there were days where I didn't have money, and I'd call my friends asking to share their meal.
Giving up was never an option. There was never a plan B for me. I was constantly on the hunt for auditions - I met with countless ADs and casting directors."
Rajkummar Was Persistent & One Day, He Finally Got A Call..
"They would call me in for the smallest of roles and I would try to convince them to at least let me try out the bigger parts...but I was turned down. But I didn't let any of it demotivate me.
I believed that someone would see my talent. I was also very persistent - I remember constantly following up with Atul Mongia till he finally called me for the audition of Love Sex Aur Dhokha."
Rajkummar Witnessed The Doors Opening For His Dreams..
"I did around 3-4 tests. A week went by and I hadn't heard back - and finally it happened...everything I had worked for culminated in that one moment. I was alone at home, when I got the most important call of my life.
The words were, ‘Ho gaya hai. You got the film.' I fell to my knees, called my mother. The movie released and I got a lot of love... that's when the doors opened."
Rajkummar's First Encounter With SRK
"But I'll tell you a stand out moment for me - I think it was after the release of Queen. I was shooting in Mehboob. And I heard that Shahrukh sir was also shooting there.
So I thought this was my chance--maybe I could go meet him. I sent a message across to him--I didn't think he'd know me, but, he called me to his trailer - he knew my entire bio!"
And.. It Was Every Bit Special..
"He (Shahrukh Khan) made me feel so special. I was already a fan, but that day I was probably his biggest. I was nervous and in awe throughout. I once spoke to his posters...and now there he was, in front of me. How can I even explain what that felt like?
Rajkummar Followed Only One Mantra - He Believed In Himself
"What's ironic is, that the people who in the beginning weren't interested in me for a lead role - today offer me films. I'm the same actor, the same person, but now I'm being offered the roles. I've believed in my craft, even when things weren't going well.
I just knew - I put it out in the Universe and attracted it all. Remember, no matter what anyone else says, no one is going to believe in you, the way YOU do - so hustle, and let the Universe do the rest."
On the work front, Rajkummar Rao will next be seen in Stree, Mental Hai Kya and Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga.