- Rajkummar Rao Advised Patralekhaa To Walk Out Of Kangana Ranaut's Panga?
- Rajkummar Rao On Stree's Unexpected Success: It’s One Of The Most Profitable Films Of The Year
- Made In China First Look: Rajkummar Rao & Mouni Roy Look Every Bit Like A Middle-Class Couple!
- Rajkummar Rao-Shraddha Kapoor's Stree Hits A Century, Film Makes It To The 100 Crore Club!
- Shraddha Kapoor On Stree Box Office: I Don't Know Which Film Of Mine Will Do How Much Business
- Love Sonia Movie Review: Where Hope Rises Like A Phoenix From The Ashes!
- Alia Bhatt's Raazi Vs Shraddha Kapoor's Stree: The Fan Club War Just Got Real! Read Details
- Section 377 Decriminalized: Karan Johar, Sonam Kapoor, Rajkummar Rao & Others Laud SC Verdict!
- Rajkummar Rao-Shraddha Kapoor's Stree To Have A Sequel, Here Are All The Details!
- Stree Fourth Day Collection: This Rajkummar Rao-Shraddha Kapoor Film Is A Super Hit At BO!
- Stree: Live Audience Update On The Rajkummar Rao & Shraddha Kapoor Starrer
- Stree Movie Review: Rajkummar Rao Leaves You Bewitched With His Brilliant Comic Timing!
Rajkummar Rao and Shraddha Kapoor's Stree is based on an urban legend of the early 1990s. More than two decades ago, it was said that a mysterious woman used to knock on the doors of the residents and kill them if they opened it. To ward off the evil spirit, people scribbled "Nale Baa" (Come tomorrow) on their doors. Recently, Rajkummar was asked by News 18 about his eerie experience while shooting the movie, to which he said, ''When I entered my hotel room for the first time during our schedule in Bhopal, I got a list of what to do and not do during the shoot.''
'I Was Told Not To Use Perfume At Night'
''The locals had very strictly told us to not wear any perfume at night and not go alone anywhere. We had to be in groups. In fact, one of our light boys fell from 15 feet on set. He claims that someone pushed him but there was no one there."
Why Rajkummar Signed Stree?
"I loved the story and my part in it. My character Vicky is a small-town guy who feels he doesn't belong where he lives. He is uniquely talented ladies tailor. It sounded so much fun."
Shooting For Stree Was Like A Family Holiday
"It was just like a family holiday - going to your mamaji's house in summer vacation. We all had such a good time together. We would play all kinds of games - cricket, kho kho, kabbaddi. We used to cook together, meet even on off days."
On A Related Note
At a press event for Stree, Raj Nidimoru, who has written and co-produced the film, revealed a scary incident from his college days, "When we [Raj and DK] were in college in Hyderabad a few years back, somebody told us that there was a woman roaming on the hills. From a distance, we could see a figure. The fact that we did not believe in it made it funny. That was the starting point of the film."
Well, we are desperately waiting for this horror-comedy, what about you, dear readers?