- Randhir Kapoor Gets Emotional As RK Studio Celebrates Ganesh Utsav For The Last Time!
- London Diaries: Kareena Kapoor & Karisma Kapoor Head To London With Daddy Randhir Kapoor, View Pics
- Karisma Kapoor NOT MARRYING Rumoured BF Sandeep Toshniwal, Randhir Kapoor Reveals Why!
- Randhir Kapoor Celebrates His Birthday With His Daughters Kareena Kapoor & Karisma Kapoor! Pictures
- Now Everyone Recognises Taimur Ali Khan's Maid Also: Kareena Kapoor Khan's Dad Randhir Kapoor
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY Taimur Ali Khan! Here's What Randhir Kapoor Has To Say About This Cute Star Kid
- HOT NOW! Ranbir Kapoor Is NOT Getting Married Anytime Soon, This Actor Reveals Why!
- Will Karisma Kapoor's Father Allow Her For Second Marriage; Read Randhir Kapoor's Reply!
- THROWBACK! When Amitabh Bachchan HIT Randhir Kapoor & Kareena Kapoor Came To His Rescue!
- Pictures: Kareena Kapoor, Ranbir, Karisma, Saif, Big B & Rekha At Randhir Kapoor's Birthday Bash!
- Shocking Video! Rishi Kapoor Misbehaves With A Fan, Randhir Kapoor Slaps A Journalist!
- This Is What Father Randhir Kapoor Said About Kareena Kapoor's Pregnancy
Recently, Rishi Kapoor dropped a devastating news when he confirmed that the Kapoor clan is planning to sell off the iconic RK studio in Chembur. The sprawling two-acre studio is the place where many hit films like Barsaat, Jagte Raho, Awaara, Bobby, Shree 420, Sangam and others had been shot.
Speaking to Mumbai Mirror, Rishi had said, "We had to place a stone on our hearts. Chhati pe patthar rakh kar, soch samajh kar decision liya hai. We Kapoors are very emotional lot but then... The investment in rebuilding the studio would just not have yielded sufficient revenue to keep it going."
He had further added, "We brothers are strongly bonded. But who knows about our children and grand-children? What if differences crop up in the next generation? The studio would only end up in litigation as so many industrial and textile estates have. There would be family differences and only lawyers would end up charging heavy sums of fee. Do you think my father would have liked to see his labour of love becoming the subject of courtroom proceedings?"
Now, Rishi's brother Randhir Kapoor has opened up about the sale of RK studio while speaking to The Quint.
'With A Heavy Heart, We Have Decided To Let It Go'
Randhir Kapoor told The Quint, "With the state of the roads and traffic today, no actor comes to Chembur to shoot in this studio. They would rather go to Film City. So, with a very heavy heart, we have decided to let it go. My whole family is very sad, but there's no other way."
'It's An Emotional Loss'
He further added, "It's even more an emotional loss than monetary loss. We have lost the entire memorabilia of Raj Kapoor. Whatever Raj Kapoor had built has been burnt down," referring to the 2017 fire that gutted the studio.
Meanwhile, Bollywood Is Heartbroken With This News
Annu Kapoor who filmed two important films there said, "It's very heartbreaking since it's an iconic place."
Arjun Rampal Had This To Say
"It's up to the family to take the decision. It was an iconic studio, it still is, and I hope it remains."
Mukesh Bhatt Welcomed The Kapoor Clan's Decision
"Change is a part of life. We should welcome it. Let the old go, let the new come."
Lata Mangeshkar Shared Her Fond Memories Of The Place
"I have many many fond memories of RK Studios. It was a fountain of creativity. There, some of the greatest movies and songs of Indian cinema were created. Raj Saab was so filled with passion. I've never seen any filmmaker who gave so much of himself to every film he made. I was not part of his first film Aag in 1948. But from Barsaat in 1949 I was an integral part of his films right until Henna."
Nobody Does Poses Better Than Big B
That's Amitabh Bachchan clicked during a photo-shoot at RK Studio.
The Lavish Holi Parties
RK studio was also known for its lavish Holi parties. In the 60's, Raj Kapoor had started celebrating two big festivals Holi and Ganeshotsav in the grand studio where B-town celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Zeenat Aman, Nargis, etc., were often spotted.