- Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne 2018 Winners List: Rajkumar Hirani & Rani Mukerji Win Big
- Rani Mukerji, Vicky Kaushal, Rajkumar Hirani Kickstart The Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne, Pics!
- A Rare Clip Of Aishwarya Rai & Rani Mukerji Before Their Ugliest Spat Over Shahrukh's Chalte Chalte
- Rani Mukerji, Rajkummar Hirani And Vicky Kaushal To Attend IFFM
- Aamir Khan Called Rani Mukerji A 'Buddhi' After Watching Hichki & Here's How She Reacted!
- Akash Ambani's Engagement: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rani Mukerji, Ranbir-Alia & Others Spotted [PICS]
- Preity Zinta Shares A Throwback Picture From Goa & Wants Salman Khan To Remember It!
- Preity Zinta Reveals Who's Too ARROGANT - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor Or Rani Mukerji!
- Rani Mukerji's Hichki To Be Screened At Shanghai Film Festival
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja Are Married Now! INSIDE PICS Of Celebs From The Wedding Are Unmissable
- INSIDE PHOTOS From Sonam Kapoor's Mehendi: Rani Mukerji Joins The Squad; Anand Ahuja Caught BLUSHING
- Rani Mukerji Gives Her Two Cents About Feminism, Says Individual Identity Is Everything!
Yesterday, the Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne kickstarted with a press conference attended by various Bollywood personalities which included names like Rani Mukerji, Vicky Kaushal, Rajkumar Hirani, Freida Pinto, Ali Fazal and others. Today, Rani Mukerji hoisted the Indian National flag at the iconic Federation square Daniel Andrews, the Premier of Victoria, and many Bollywood fans.
Speaking about the honour, Rani thanked the festival organisers for the opportunity and also said, "I most remember the patriotic song from my father's film Hum Hindustani, 'Chodo kal Ki Batein'. I really miss him here today."
A Proud Moment
The flag hoisting was followed by the call 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' with the Indian National Anthem playing in the background.
Rani On Hoisting The Indian Tricolor
The actress was earlier quoted as saying, "I think it's a matter of pride for any citizen from any country to be hoisting the national flag. And obviously doing it in Australia far away from home gives me even more reason (to feel special). I will feel most patriotic doing what I will be doing. It's a matter of great honour that the Victorian government has considered me to do it."
Rani's Film Hichki To Be Screened At The Film Festival
Speaking to the media on Friday about how proud she is of Hichki as it came to her after motherhood and proved a long-standing cliche wrong, the actress said, "With ‘Hichki', that slightly changed. I am happy people accepted the content.I am the daughter of a writer and producer, I am the wife of a writer, director and producer, and I understand that script is the king, it's the backbone. When your content is good, no matter you are married, unmarried, beautiful or not beautiful, a film works."
Her Daughter Adira Is Accompanying Her
"For the first time, she (daughter) is seeing Melbourne, and I will be seeing Melbourne as a mother, I am actually trying to see all the places that I can take her to. There's a zoo, aquarium. It's a great city for kids with some really amazing places," the actress was quoted as saying.
Premiere Of Luv Sonia
Coming back to the film festival, Tabrez Noorani's Luv Sonia starring Manoj Bajpayee, Freida Pinto, Mrunal Thakur and Richa Chadha was also screened. at the festival. Speaking about the film, Noorani said, "I feel for us after this movie if we one girl gets saved, it's a great achievement for us." Inspired by true events, Love Sonia is a shocking story of a young Indian village girl whose life is tumultuously and irrevocably changed when she gets entrapped in the global sex trade while trying to save the one person she is closest to, her sister Sonia.
Dance For A Cause
Meanwhile, Rani Mukerji and Vicky Kaushal were seen dancing to Slumdog Millionaire's song 'Jai Ho' with the kids from Emotion 21, a dance company which supports children with Down syndrome.