- Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan Wish Everyone A Happy Independence Day
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Inside Pictures From Sara Ali Khan's Birthday Bash! See Here
- Karan Johar Reveals Major Details About Takht, Says It's Like 'K3G Of The Mughal Era'!
- Ranveer Singh Gets Mobbed By Fans In Mumbai; Then Dances Atop A Car! Watch Video
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Was Skeptical About Ranveer Singh! Then, What Made Her Say Yes To Takht?
Ranveer Singh is garnering praise for Padmaavat and needless to say, the way he portrayed Khilji on screen was just mindblowing.
In a recent interview with Indian Express, when Ranveer was asked about the bisexual relationship shared by Khilji and Malik Kafur, he said, "People from whom I seek advice were very apprehensive about it."
"Their logic was that the majority of audience still have a very traditional mindset. This is a big risk to take, especially since no one had done this before in mainstream Hindi films."
"I'm a very liberal person and did not have issues with it, as I thought it made the character more layered."
Talking about receving flak for showing it as a saga of bad Muslim Vs good Hindu, "I disagree with this criticism, outright. That's extremely myopic. The critics have missed out a lot in their criticism."
"They have overlooked his brilliance. What they fail to see is that Khilji is an extremely sharp strategist and great statesman."
"He is intelligent, perceptive and a patron of art. Sure, he has flaws as a character. From my personal moral compass, if I have to pass a judgement on the character, I find him to be evil."
On the work front, Ranveer Singh will be next seen in Gully Boy, opposite Alia Bhatt.