TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Ranveer Singh is garnering praise for Padmaavat and needless to say, the way he portrayed Khilji on screen was just mindblowing.
In a recent interview with Indian Express, when Ranveer was asked about the bisexual relationship shared by Khilji and Malik Kafur, he said, "People from whom I seek advice were very apprehensive about it."
"Their logic was that the majority of audience still have a very traditional mindset. This is a big risk to take, especially since no one had done this before in mainstream Hindi films."
"I'm a very liberal person and did not have issues with it, as I thought it made the character more layered."
Talking about receving flak for showing it as a saga of bad Muslim Vs good Hindu, "I disagree with this criticism, outright. That's extremely myopic. The critics have missed out a lot in their criticism."
"They have overlooked his brilliance. What they fail to see is that Khilji is an extremely sharp strategist and great statesman."
"He is intelligent, perceptive and a patron of art. Sure, he has flaws as a character. From my personal moral compass, if I have to pass a judgement on the character, I find him to be evil."
On the work front, Ranveer Singh will be next seen in Gully Boy, opposite Alia Bhatt.