- Deepika Padukone REVEALS What She Loves The Most About Ranveer Singh & It's Super Cute!
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Ravi Dubey Has Nailed It In Ranveer Singh’s Alauddin Khilji Look, Fans Can’t Stop Praising Him!
- Ranveer Singh Finally Reveals Why He Agreed To Dub For Deadpool 2 & It's Totally BIZZARE!
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Ranveer Singh: I Have Been Exploring Indian Superhero Subjects
- LOL! This Throwback Pic Of Ranveer Singh Proves That He Was A Fitness Freak Even As A Kid
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Ranveer Singh Was Missing Deepika Padukone Badly At Sonam Kapoor's Reception!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding: Ranveer Singh Flaunts His Funky Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh Reveals The Story Of His Next Film Gully Boy
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Tell Staff Not To Take Leave During Their Wedding; Dates Finalised
- Ranveer Singh, Karan Johar & Others Praise Harshvardhan Kapoor's Bhavesh Joshi Trailer
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's periodic drama Padmaavat which is loosely based on the poem Padmavat by Malik Muhammad Jayasi and stars Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor in the lead roles roles, is all set to cross Rs 300 crore at the box office.
Many critics praised Ranveer Singh for his brilliant performance in the movie. Ranveer Singh spoke about Padmaavat at an event recently. He told a daily, "It is doing something that I had never imagined. It is one of those rare films that encompasses the critical acclaim, commercial success, love of the audience.''
This Film Will Be Remembered
''It seems to me that the way the audience has reacted to the film, that it is one of those films for the ages, it's one that will be remembered. Those are the films you want to be a part of, films come and go but the ones that really matter are the ones that are remembered after years.''
It Has A Timeless Quality
''You can watch it 10-15 years down the line and appreciate it. The films that have a timeless quality, those are the ones you want in your filmography, and Padmaavat is seeming to be like one of those."
It Was A Big Risk
In an earlier interview to Mid Day, Ranveer Singh had said, "I was apprehensive about taking up the role as it was a big risk. Sanjay Sir [Bhansali, director] laid out the cards right at the start and told me that my character is bisexual, so I could make an informed choice. I think the bisexuality added another layer to Khilji's complex personality; it was a complete dismantling of a traditional moral compass. But, this is a profession where taking big risks defines people.''
My Act Could Have Gone Horribly Wrong
''People I look up to -Johnny Depp, Daniel Day Lewis and Steve Jobs - they are all mavericks and I find myself drawn to their spirit. I wanted to do something ba**sy because that's me. No one around me wanted me to play this character.''
''The Indian audiences love the actor when they love the character. So, my act of Khilji - a bad guy who is bisexual - could've gone horribly wrong. People could've hated me. After much deliberation, I was up for it only because I knew it would be a fulfilling process.''
On A Related Note
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh, on Twitter, posted a break-up of Padmaavat's weekly earnings, ''#Padmaavat continues to SPARKLE... [Week 4] Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3 cr, Sun 4 cr, Mon 1.55 cr, Tue 1.25 cr, Wed 1.23 cr, Thu 1.25 cr. Total: ₹ 281.78 cr. India biz... Note: Hindi + Tamil + Telugu.''