- So Weird! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Ask Guests Not To Carry A Mobile Phone At Their Wedding!
- Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan Wish Everyone A Happy Independence Day
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Inside Pictures From Sara Ali Khan's Birthday Bash! See Here
- Karan Johar Reveals Major Details About Takht, Says It's Like 'K3G Of The Mughal Era'!
- Ranveer Singh Gets Mobbed By Fans In Mumbai; Then Dances Atop A Car! Watch Video
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Was Skeptical About Ranveer Singh! Then, What Made Her Say Yes To Takht?
- Karan Johar Announces Takht With Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor!
- Kareena Kapoor To Romance Ranveer Singh In Karan Johar's Next? Juicy Details Inside!
- Ranveer Singh Does Not Hold Grudges Against Those Who Doubted Him As An Actor!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Walk Hand-in-hand, On A Secret Vacation! Watch Videos
- Lake Como: Pics Of Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's Wedding Destination Will Take Your Breath Away
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's periodic drama Padmaavat which is loosely based on the poem Padmavat by Malik Muhammad Jayasi and stars Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor in the lead roles roles, is all set to cross Rs 300 crore at the box office.
Many critics praised Ranveer Singh for his brilliant performance in the movie. Ranveer Singh spoke about Padmaavat at an event recently. He told a daily, "It is doing something that I had never imagined. It is one of those rare films that encompasses the critical acclaim, commercial success, love of the audience.''
This Film Will Be Remembered
''It seems to me that the way the audience has reacted to the film, that it is one of those films for the ages, it's one that will be remembered. Those are the films you want to be a part of, films come and go but the ones that really matter are the ones that are remembered after years.''
It Has A Timeless Quality
''You can watch it 10-15 years down the line and appreciate it. The films that have a timeless quality, those are the ones you want in your filmography, and Padmaavat is seeming to be like one of those."
It Was A Big Risk
In an earlier interview to Mid Day, Ranveer Singh had said, "I was apprehensive about taking up the role as it was a big risk. Sanjay Sir [Bhansali, director] laid out the cards right at the start and told me that my character is bisexual, so I could make an informed choice. I think the bisexuality added another layer to Khilji's complex personality; it was a complete dismantling of a traditional moral compass. But, this is a profession where taking big risks defines people.''
My Act Could Have Gone Horribly Wrong
''People I look up to -Johnny Depp, Daniel Day Lewis and Steve Jobs - they are all mavericks and I find myself drawn to their spirit. I wanted to do something ba**sy because that's me. No one around me wanted me to play this character.''
''The Indian audiences love the actor when they love the character. So, my act of Khilji - a bad guy who is bisexual - could've gone horribly wrong. People could've hated me. After much deliberation, I was up for it only because I knew it would be a fulfilling process.''
On A Related Note
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh, on Twitter, posted a break-up of Padmaavat's weekly earnings, ''#Padmaavat continues to SPARKLE... [Week 4] Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3 cr, Sun 4 cr, Mon 1.55 cr, Tue 1.25 cr, Wed 1.23 cr, Thu 1.25 cr. Total: ₹ 281.78 cr. India biz... Note: Hindi + Tamil + Telugu.''