TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
Ranveer Singh's Gully Boy is inspired by the story of famous rapper Divine, who gained popularity after producing a string of music videos. At a recent event, the actor talked about his upcoming film in detail. He said, "I have just completed shooting of Gully Boy. It is a very special story, one that I am closely attached to. It is set against the backdrop of flourishing desi hip-hop scene coming out of Bombay (Mumbai)."
"It is the story which represents Mumbai in its true sense and the city is my hometown, these are my people, this is my language so this is the story I am really attached to. It's an underdog story about a kid who broke through from great adversity in life to make it as a recording artist," the handsome actor added.
When a leading news agency asked, ''What advice he wants to give to the youngsters of the nation?'', Ranveer Singh said, "You just have to believe in yourself and pursue what you are truly passionate about. If it's coming on from your heart,its right. You shouldn't think that anything out of your reach and far-fetched or impossible you to achieve.''
He further added, ''For me, to be a Hindi film hero was the dream but seemed very much out of my reach until I had a realisation that I can accept failure but I can't accept not trying. So, however, daunting the odds may seem, I am going to be brave and muster up the courage and do what my heart says.''
''I just want to say youngster out there to follow your heart, pursue your passion and don't be afraid because nothing is impossible," he said.
On a related note, Gully Boy also stars actress Alia Bhatt. This will be the first time Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt will be seen working together. The film is produced by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani's Excel Entertainment. It is directed by Zoya Akhtar.
Those who are not aware, Gully Boy will release on Valentine's Day 2019.
Keep watching this space for more updates on Ranveer Singh's upcoming films.