- A 'WELL-BEHAVED' Shashi Kapoor Was Different From Raj Kapoor & Shammi Kapoor, Writes Shobhaa De
- Groove To These Famous Janmashtami Songs
- When Dilip Kumar Refused To Work With Saira Banu
- 100 Years of Bollywood: Superstars who will remain immortal to us
- Dharmendra-Hema, Saif-Amrita, Sridevi-Boney: Top 5 secret marriages in Bollywood!
- Aamir Khan buys Shammi Kapoor's jacket for Rs 88,000
Shammi Kapoor was a superstar for three full decades during the 1950s, 60s and 70s and was lovingly called the Elvis Presley of India, who gave superhit movies such as Junglee, Kashmir Ki Kali, An Evening In Paris, Janwar, Andaz and the list is endless! The actor had received several awards for his performance, including the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 1995 and Invaluable Contribution To Indian Cinema at the IIFA in 2002.
The actor always had a lively screen presence and made the audiences groove to his numbers. The super-energetic Shammi made the audience to shed their shyness and just step on to the floor and dance. He was considered both as an actor and a dancer, as not every hero could pull that off back in the day.
Apart from being a great dancer and an actor, Shammi Kapoor was much ahead of the times and was good in terms of technology in film-making. In fact, he was the first actor who mastered the internet and was also the founder and chairman of the Internet Users Community of India and enabled the setting up of Ethical Hackers Association in the country.
Shammi Kapoor breathed his last on August 14, 2011, at the age of 80, leaving behind his two children Aditya Raj Kapoor and Kanchan Ketan Desai. He was last seen on the silver screen in Ranbir Kapoor's movie Rockstar in 2011.