- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Ravi Dubey Has Nailed It In Ranveer Singh’s Alauddin Khilji Look, Fans Can’t Stop Praising Him!
- Ranveer Singh Finally Reveals Why He Agreed To Dub For Deadpool 2 & It's Totally BIZZARE!
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Ranveer Singh: I Have Been Exploring Indian Superhero Subjects
- LOL! This Throwback Pic Of Ranveer Singh Proves That He Was A Fitness Freak Even As A Kid
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Ranveer Singh Was Missing Deepika Padukone Badly At Sonam Kapoor's Reception!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding: Ranveer Singh Flaunts His Funky Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh Reveals The Story Of His Next Film Gully Boy
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Tell Staff Not To Take Leave During Their Wedding; Dates Finalised
- Ranveer Singh, Karan Johar & Others Praise Harshvardhan Kapoor's Bhavesh Joshi Trailer
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's Wedding Update: An Exotic Location Finalized Owing To THIS Reason
Ranveer Singh whose recent release Padmaavat is earming him accolades from all corners for his portrayal of Alauddin Khilji from all corners.
As India celebrates its 69th Republic Day today, the actor shared with a leading newspaper his fondest memory associated with this day, his dream role and what does Republic mean to him. Scroll down to read more...
What Does Republic Mean To Ranveer Singh?
The actor told DNA, "Our Constitution gives us the fundamental rights which all of us should exercise on a daily basis. One of them is Right to Equality and I strongly believe that equality leads to mutual respect and that's what makes all the difference within communities, race, gender, and religion."
His Fond Memories From His School Days
Ranveer shared, "During my school days, I remember waking up early to attend the flag-hoisting ceremony. I would sing the national anthem while seeing the tricolour unfurling. I felt proud. I still get that feeling every time I render it."
Are The Directors Listening?
While we have seen Ranveer play different roles on screen, the actor is yet to essay an army officer. When pointed out this observation, he revealed that he is desperately waiting for someone to offer him an inspiring role of an army officer and that it is one of his dream roles. "To be honest, it's my dream role. I'm waiting for someone to offer me an inspiring story that makes me emotional."
He Will Agree To Do The Film Immediately
"I will do that film right away. It will be my tribute to the men in uniform who stare down enemies and death every single day. It will be an honour for me," Ranveer said.
Ranveer Has Some Advice For The Youngsters
We are an extremely patriotic country! As an actor, I have the privilege to meet so many youngsters and I see how much they want to do for our country. To me that's patriotism. They want to serve the nation better and make India the best country in the world. We, young Indians, are as rooted and in awe of their country's unique historical legacy as previous generations. I learn from my fellow brothers and sisters every single day. I love that we, as a nation, are so self-aware about our strengths, identity, and how hard we are working every single day to protect, treasure and grow our country's legacy. My advice to them is - be proud, work hard, stay humble and do your bit to make the world a better place," the actor concluded.
On The Work Front
Ranveer is currently busy shooting for Zoya Akhtar's Gully Boy which pairs him with Alia Bhatt for the very first time. The actor has also signed Rohit Shetty's Simmba which has him essaying a cop.