TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
The Jodhpur Court has convicted Salman Khan in the 1998 Blackbuck poaching case and other actors such as Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Tabu and Neelam Kothari have been acquitted. The quantum of the sentence against Salman Khan has not been delivered yet and will be announced shortly.
As per Section 51 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, the minimum punishment for a convict under the act is one year and the maximum punishment is six years in prison. Salman Khan was accused of shooting two blackbucks in Kankani village near Jodhpur during the shoot of Hum Saath Saath Hain on October 2, 1998.
ANI released a report saying Salman Khan's lawyers are asking for probation and quoted lawyer NS Solanki as saying, "Argument on quantum of punishment is on. Salman Khan's counsels are praying for probation." NS Solanki revealed that Salman Khan was calm and composed when the verdict was announced and the other stars Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Tabu and Neelam Kothari were happy that they were acquitted.
In case the Jodhpur Court orders jail time for Salman Khan, the actor will be taken to Jodhpur Central Jail, which already houses three high-profile inmates such as Asaram Bapu, Malkhan Singh Vishnoi and Shambhu Lal. Stay tunedto Filmibeat for more developments on the issue!