- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Demise: Shahrukh Khan Reminisces How He Used To Discuss Ailing Knees With Him
- Rajkumar Hirani On Sanju: If We Had To Whitewash Anyone, We Would Have Made Sanjay Mahatma Gandhi
- B'DAY SPECIAL: These Rare Pics Of Sanjay Dutt With Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai & Others Are Unmissable
- Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 3 Second Day Collection: Fails To Impress Audience!
- Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 3 Review: It Ends Up Being More Lethal Than Sanjay Dutt's Bullet Game!
- Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 3 Review: Live Audience Updates On Sanjay Dutt-Jimmy Shergill Starrer
- Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3 Box Office Prediction: Sanjay Dutt Starrer Might Have A Decent Opening!
- Sanjay Dutt Annoyed With The Media Again? Walks Out Of A Media Interaction Angrily!
- Sanjay Dutt Reveals Why His Failed Marriages With Rhea Pillai & Richa Sharma Are Not Shown In Sanju!
- Sanjay Dutt's Sister Namrata Lashes Out At Ram Gopal Varma For Planning Another Sanju Biopic!
- Arshad Warsi Out? Ranbir Kapoor To Step In As 'Circuit' In Sanjay Dutt's Munna Bhai Sequel?
- Maanayata Dutt To Produce Sanjay Dutt's Upcoming Movie Blockbuster Gang?
Sanjay Dutt had not cried when his mother Nargis died and for three long years his wounds were festering when suddenly he got tapes of his mother's dying wish and finally burst out crying.
This is among many anecdotes about the original bad boy of Bollywood mentioned in a new book on him. In "Sanjay Dutt: The Crazy Untold Story of Bollywood's Bad Boy", Yasser Usman tells Sanjay's story - the good, the bad and, at times, the disastrously absurd, the conflicts, the mistakes, the many heartbreaking tragedies, and the overwhelming triumphs.
The book, published by Juggernaut, talks about Sanjay's ladies, his craziest moments like doing drugs, drinking the blood of a monitor lizard and shooting inside his home one unhinged night.
Nargis Died On May 3, 1981 Of Cancer Just Before The Release Of Sanjay's Film Rocky.
"Sanjay had not cried when his mother died. It had been three long years since Nargis had passed away but Sanjay's wounds were still festering," Usman writes.
Sanjay was at that at a drugs rehab centre in the US. Father Sunil Dutt sent him some tapes of Nargis talking during her final days so as to help him in his rehab.
Here’s How Sanjay Dutt Reacted To His Mom's Tapes
"When Sanjay got the tapes from Sunil he had no idea what was on them. He pressed play and suddenly the room was filled with Nargis's voice. He remembered his childhood, when his mother's voice would reverberate through the Dutt mansion," the book says.
His mother's voice was weak, broken and in immense pain. But Nargis still spoke of her dreams for her beloved son, and gave him some gentle advice.
Here’s What Sanjay’s Mom Had Recorded In The Tapes
"More than anything, Sanju Keep your humility. Keep your character. Never show off. Always be humble and always respect the elders. That is the thing that is going to take you far. And that is going to give you strength in your work," Nargis said.
Sanjay heard his mother's voice and realised how much she loved him and cared about him.
And Then.. Sanjay Dutt Cried For Four Days
"I burst out crying and I cried and cried I cried continuously for four days . . . I think till then I hadn't grieved for her when she passed away. So her voice and those tapes changed everything in my life," the book quotes Sanjay as saying.
That Incident Was The Turning Point Of Dutt’s Life
"He knew that he had to rebuild his life. For a moment he felt his mother had come back from the dead to save him. The incident was a turning point in Sanjay's life.
His mother's weak yet loving voice cast light where there had been darkness. Confident that his mother was watching over him, Sanjay started to take his treatment seriously. The healing truly began," Usman writes.
According To The Author, Sanjay's Life Is A Story Of Epic Proportions..
He goes to describe other titbits like almost a decade before the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, Sanjay was involved in a shooting spree in posh Pali Hill for which he was even arrested.
Also he once smuggled heroin into the US and at the height of his addiction, one evening he hallucinated that his father Sunil was melting, and on another occasion that his sister Priya was a gurkha.
Credits - PTI