- Teachers' Day 2018: If Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan & Other B-Town Celebs Turn Teacher For A Day!
- Ranveer Singh Or Tiger Shroff? Who Will Star In Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next!
- Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Risk Her Career While Supporting Abhishek? Ditches Bhansali's Film!
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali Confirms That No Gangster Drama Is Happening With Priyanka Chopra!
- Ranbir Kapoor Went BANKRUPT After Jagga Jasoos's Failure; Reveals How Bhansali Almost BROKE His Back
- Did Sanjay Leela Bhansali Drop The Idea Of Working With Salman Khan? We're As Confused As You Are!
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali DYING To Cast Salman Khan In His Next Film? The Director Drops MAJOR HINTS
- BREAKING! Salman Khan To Star In A Sanjay Leela Bhansali Film?
- Not Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra Was Supposed To Play The Female Lead In Ram Leela?
- OMG! Sonam Kapoor Talks About Bhansali, Says I Don't Think I Am His Kind Of Actor
- SLB Reveals! Why Deepika Padukone Was Not Ready To Shoot Ghoomar & What Happened When He Got Slapped
- PIL In High Court Claims Padmaavat Glorifies Sati
Sanjay Leela Bhansali said that his much-awaited directorial venture 'Padmaavat' is his tribute to the glorious stories of Rajput "honour, valour and vigour".
The director said, the lavishly mounted period drama, which will hit the screens on January 25, is a dream come true for him.
Padmaavat Is A Dream Come True
"Padmaavat is a dream come true for me. I have always been fascinated by the stories of honour, valour and vigour of our great Rajput warriors that have been captured so beautifully in our literature and this movie is my homage to those glorious stories," Bhansali said in a statement.
Controversies Surrounding The Film
Featuring Deepika Padukone as Rani Padmavati, Shahid Kapoor as Maharawal Ratan Singh and Ranveer Singh as Alauddin Khilji, the film got stuck in controversy after various Rajput groups, including Rajput Karni Sena, raised their objections towards the content of the movie.
The film which was sent back to the makers, citing "technical issues" by the Central Board of Film Certification when it was submitted in November, received a U/A certificate last month along with five modifications.
Support From The Film Industry
During the country-wide protests against the film, many members from the industry came forward to support the filmmaker and the cast. In his statement, Bhansali also thanked the fraternity for their unwavering support.
"I would also like to thank the entire film fraternity for supporting Viacom18 and Bhansali Productions through the entire production and pre-release phase and hope they like the film they so supported," he said.
Padmaavat is based on 16th century Sufi poet Malik Muhammad Jayasi's epic poem 'Padmavat'.
On a related note, Viacom18 Motion Pictures, the makers of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmaavat, recently announced that the film will hit the screens on January 25. The film will be released in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil. As per the release, it is the first Indian film that will have a global IMAX 3D release.
They posted on their twitter handle, "Get ready to witness the epic tale #Padmaavat on 25th January 2018, in theatres near you!Now also in 3D, Imax 3D, Tamil & Telugu!" (With inputs from PTI)