TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
In a historic move, the Supreme court of India has announced its verdict on pleas challenging the validity of Section 377 in the favour of the LGBT community. The bench led by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra and comprising Justices Rohinton F. Nariman, A.M. Khanwilkar, D.Y. Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra announced that homosexuality is no more a crime in India!
A five-judge panel in the Supreme Court was unanimous in its decision to end the law known as "Section 377", which prohibits "carnal intercourse against the order of nature with any man, woman or animal". On Twitter, several Bollywood celebrities applauded Supreme Court's decision. Here's what some of them had to say-
Historical judgment!!!! So proud today! Decriminalising homosexuality and abolishing #Section377 is a huge thumbs up for humanity and equal rights! The country gets its oxygen back!
Crying tears of joy for the lgbtqi community. One day there won't be any labels and we will all live in utopia.
My India of 2018!!!! Truly heartening ! Let's embrace one n all and their choices
Historic verdict by Supreme Court today. #377
"Bye bye 377. Thank you #SupremeCourt #abouttime #nomorediscrimination #loveislove @MardOfficial."
The new sunshine of this day is that of a progressive India. Love all!