- Shahid Kapoor BOWS Out Of Imtiaz Ali's Next Film, Rajkummar Rao To Replace Him?
- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Tara Sutaria To Play Shahid Kapoor's Girlfriend In The Film?
- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Shahid Kapoor Is Having 'Dark Thoughts' & This Picture Is A Proof!
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Party: Ranbir-Katrina, Salman-Aishwarya & Other B-Town Exes Under A Roof!
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Why Is Shahid Kapoor Refraining From Confirming That He's Doing The Film?
- What Irked Sonam Kapoor So Bad That She Ended Up Comparing Kareena Kapoor With EX Shahid Kapoor?
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Shahid Kapoor In Vijay Deverakonda's Shoes, Why Was Arjun Kapoor Replaced?
- A Big Fat Wedding: Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh & Shahid Kapoor Set The Stage On Fire [Inside Photos]
- Shahid Kapoor In A Never Seen Before Avatar In Raja Krishna Menon's Next! Read Details
- Here's Why Shahid Kapoor Didn't Hide The News Of Mira Rajput's Second Pregnancy!
- Shahid Kapoor Just Announced Wife Mira Rajput's Second Pregnancy With This Cute Post!
- WOW! Brothers Shahid Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter To Star In A Movie Together? Read Details
Shahid Kapoor has never shied away from taking risks, be it opting for intense roles or doing multi-starrer projects, and the actor says what defines his success story are the "smart choices" he made over the years.
In the past, Shahid has worked in multi-starrers such as "Udta Punjab", "Rangoon" and most recently "Padmaavat" alongside Ranveer Singh.
There is a perception in the film industry that two male stars find it difficult to work together owing to their big egos.
Shahid On His Insecurity..
Shahid, however, dismissed the notion and said he never had any such insecurity regarding another actor's presence in a film because he only focuses on making the most of the opportunities offered to him.
"Who says that an actor can't do two-hero film? You are asking the wrong person because I did it. Actors on 'Padmaavat' did it. I think smart choices make a great career," Shahid said.
Shahid Maintains He Was NEVER Isecure
When further asked whether he does feel a sense of insecurity on certain days, the 36-year-old actor shot back and said he would not have done the film if he was insecure in the first place.
"10 years down the line, when I have a library of films, having my films worth sharing with my family, my children, 'Padmaavat' will be there. I am the hero of a Bhansali film, the numbers are going nuts, all is good."
He Further Added..
"Rest is history. One line here, one article there, someone's making an opinion, someone's biting into your insecurity is not going to draw you back," he added.
Shahid On Multi-starrer Film
The actor said it is difficult to find a film which justifies the presence of more than one male lead, and hence, audience does not get to see movies with multiple leads anymore.
"There are very few films, written today, which are worthy of two big actors. When someone has the ability to write content of some quality, then actors will do it. How many 'Padmaavat's are being made?
Only A Stupid Actor Will Say ‘No’ To Mutli-starrer Films
"Even 'Udta Punjab' had a spectacular script and it came from nowhere and suddenly it had a huge cast. Of course, it took one year to cast the film.
Diljit (Dosanjh) is a very big star in Punjab," Shahid said in a group interview.
Shahid said when filmmakers come up with films with various characters which are not uni-dimensional "only a stupid actor will say no" to them.
Recently, Shahid Took Dig At Ranveer
Shahid Kapoor, who essays Maharawal Ratan Singh in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's latest epic drama "Padmaavat", had recently said that he would have done the role of Delhi Sultan Alauddin Khilji differently than Ranveer Singh in the film.
When Shahid Was Asked If He Wished To Play Khilji?
Shahid had said: "Of course. Which actor would not wish to play a character like Khilji in a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film? You know, once on 'Koffee with Karan', Ranveer said he would have done my role in 'Kaminey' better than me... I would have done Khilji differently."
Shahid On Interacting with Ranveer
When asked how was the interaction between Ranveer and Shahid on the set of Padmaavat, he had said, "I was Rawal Ratan Singh, who doesn't react much, so I underplayed on the set as well. I was in my zone, listening to music, in between the scenes."
The film "Padmaavat" released on January 25 and it has already crossed 100 crores at the box office despite not being released in few states due to protests by the Rajput Karni Sena which alleged that the film had distorted history.
Inputs From PTI