- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement: Deepika Padukone Wasn't Invited But Ranveer Singh Was?
- Ranveer Singh Doesn’t Fear Being Judged; Says, ‘I’ve Always Been Unique’
- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Ask Guests Not To Carry A Mobile Phone At Their Wedding!
- Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan Wish Everyone A Happy Independence Day
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Inside Pictures From Sara Ali Khan's Birthday Bash! See Here
- Karan Johar Reveals Major Details About Takht, Says It's Like 'K3G Of The Mughal Era'!
- Ranveer Singh Gets Mobbed By Fans In Mumbai; Then Dances Atop A Car! Watch Video
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Was Skeptical About Ranveer Singh! Then, What Made Her Say Yes To Takht?
- Karan Johar Announces Takht With Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor!
- Kareena Kapoor To Romance Ranveer Singh In Karan Johar's Next? Juicy Details Inside!
There were reports that the two male leads of Padmaavat, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor, did not see eye to eye on professional matters. And it seems that, all those stories were true.
In a recent interview to Bollywood Life, Shahid Kapoor himself admitted that he and Ranveer did not interact much on the sets of Sanjay leela Bhansali's film. Not just that he even told that he had requested Bhansali to give him Ranveer's role. Read his shocking revelations below.
We Didn't Interact
We worked much later. Me and Ranveer didn't really interact much because we just got down to doing the film. It took a lot of time for the film to be put together and finally get on the floors but that I do not want to get into.
I Got To Work With Deepika A Lot
I got to work with Deepika a lot more because all our scenes is what we started with. And I mean those are thoughts that you have and once you get into the film you do, it doesn't really matter. Every film is a new experience. You will get it right, you will get it wrong, individually.
Is He Taking A Dig At Ranveer?
I think everybody needs to lose their ego and their selfish personal motives. To go beyond that and learn to understand that we are all here to participate. Great films are not made by individuals, they are made by a team. You have to learn to be a team.
On Feeling Like An Outsider
That bit is pretty clear if you read the interview. I said after 15 years of work I felt like I am a newcomer on the set because the team has worked together before.
It Was A New Experience
So for me, it was a new experience, and everybody else kind of had done this together before because Bajirao was also historical and they have done two films together so I was the new one on the set, which is an interesting feeling after 15 years of work. It is as simple as that.
On Ranveer's Role Getting More Popularity
That is why I said, after many years I feel like an underdog in this film. I knew what the stakes were.
I Told SLB That I Wanted To Do Khilji
I told him so many times I want to do Khilji. But I think Ranveer has done a great job and full marks to him for having created Khilji in his interpretation.
I Would Have Done It Differently..
Mine would have been different but in the end it is Sanjay Bhansali's vision. So I think everybody is catering to that.