- Ranveer Singh- Deepika Padukone To Get MARRIED On This Date? Insiders Reveal Details!
- Deepika Padukone REVEALS What She Loves The Most About Ranveer Singh & It's Super Cute!
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Ravi Dubey Has Nailed It In Ranveer Singh’s Alauddin Khilji Look, Fans Can’t Stop Praising Him!
- Ranveer Singh Finally Reveals Why He Agreed To Dub For Deadpool 2 & It's Totally BIZZARE!
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Ranveer Singh: I Have Been Exploring Indian Superhero Subjects
- LOL! This Throwback Pic Of Ranveer Singh Proves That He Was A Fitness Freak Even As A Kid
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Ranveer Singh Was Missing Deepika Padukone Badly At Sonam Kapoor's Reception!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding: Ranveer Singh Flaunts His Funky Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh Reveals The Story Of His Next Film Gully Boy
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Tell Staff Not To Take Leave During Their Wedding; Dates Finalised
There were reports that the two male leads of Padmaavat, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor, did not see eye to eye on professional matters. And it seems that, all those stories were true.
In a recent interview to Bollywood Life, Shahid Kapoor himself admitted that he and Ranveer did not interact much on the sets of Sanjay leela Bhansali's film. Not just that he even told that he had requested Bhansali to give him Ranveer's role. Read his shocking revelations below.
We Didn't Interact
We worked much later. Me and Ranveer didn't really interact much because we just got down to doing the film. It took a lot of time for the film to be put together and finally get on the floors but that I do not want to get into.
I Got To Work With Deepika A Lot
I got to work with Deepika a lot more because all our scenes is what we started with. And I mean those are thoughts that you have and once you get into the film you do, it doesn't really matter. Every film is a new experience. You will get it right, you will get it wrong, individually.
Is He Taking A Dig At Ranveer?
I think everybody needs to lose their ego and their selfish personal motives. To go beyond that and learn to understand that we are all here to participate. Great films are not made by individuals, they are made by a team. You have to learn to be a team.
On Feeling Like An Outsider
That bit is pretty clear if you read the interview. I said after 15 years of work I felt like I am a newcomer on the set because the team has worked together before.
It Was A New Experience
So for me, it was a new experience, and everybody else kind of had done this together before because Bajirao was also historical and they have done two films together so I was the new one on the set, which is an interesting feeling after 15 years of work. It is as simple as that.
On Ranveer's Role Getting More Popularity
That is why I said, after many years I feel like an underdog in this film. I knew what the stakes were.
I Told SLB That I Wanted To Do Khilji
I told him so many times I want to do Khilji. But I think Ranveer has done a great job and full marks to him for having created Khilji in his interpretation.
I Would Have Done It Differently..
Mine would have been different but in the end it is Sanjay Bhansali's vision. So I think everybody is catering to that.