TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
The Income Tax department attached Shahrukh Khan's farmhouse in Alibaug, Maharashtra under 'Benami act' and the property is spread over 19,500 sq ft with a current price of around 146.7 Million. Shahrukh Khan has to reply to the notice in 90 days on the allegation that he made an application to purchase agricultural land for farming, but ended up constructing a farmhouse for his personal use.
IT officials revealed the attachment notice was issued under the Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act (PBPT) in December 2017. The attachment has been done under Section 24 of the Benami Act.
The farmhouse 'Deja Vu Farms' was taken up for agricultural purposes, but instead a plush farmhouse was built on the property, with amenities like helipad and swimming pool and other luxury things. The income shown by Deja Vu Farms was of Rs. 84.5 Million, which was an unsecured loan given by Khan to the company.
The PBPT Act enables law enforcement officers to send the accused for up to seven years of imprisonment and pay 25 per cent of the property's value. Also, as per the law, the attachment of the property can be done for a period of 90 days from the date of the issuance of the notice.