- Sidharth Malhotra Urges PM For 'Stronger Penalties' Against Those Who Abuse Animals
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Party: Ranbir-Katrina, Salman-Aishwarya & Other B-Town Exes Under A Roof!
- Sidharth Malhotra: I Can't Quit Movies As The 'Bollywood Bug' Bit Me!
- Sidharth Malhotra's Shotgun Shaadi With Ekta Kapoor To Be Based On Groom Kidnappings In Bihar?
- INSIDE PICS! Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Kareena Kapoor Have A Blast At KJo's Birthday Bash For Mom Hiroo
- OUCH! Sidharth Malhotra Confirms His Break-up With Alia Bhatt Brutally; Says Perfect Girl's A Cheat
- Priya Prakash Varrier: I'm Looking Forward To Receive Bollywood Offers!
- Aashiqui 3: Sidharth Malhotra Is Open To Work With Ex Alia Bhatt But The Script Is Still A Mystery!
- Bollywood Celebrities Who Posed With SCAMSTER Nirav Modi In His Hay Days! Pictures
- After Akshay Kumar's Padman! Neeraj Pandey's Aiyaary BANNED In Pakistan
- AYE VILLAIN! Sidharth Malhotra & Kriti Sanon To Team Up For Ek Villain Sequel?
- Aiyaary Movie Review: This Espionage Thriller Is Highly Deceptive & Leaves You Perplexed!
Box office clash has become a part & parcel of Indian Cinema! Interestingly, Akshay Kumar decided to postpone the release of his film, Padman so that Padmaavat can be released solo and his generosity won millions of hearts!
However, actor Sidharth Malhotra looked miffed with his decision as now, Padman would be clashing with his film, Aiyaary, and recently, in an interview Sidharth talked very rudely about Padman and its team members for not sticking to their dates.
While Akshay Kumar stayed mum on the shocking reaction of Sidharth, director R Balki chose to give a piece of advice to Sidharth and also told him to stop being so threatened by Padman.
For The Uninitiated, Here's What Sid Had Said..
When asked about Padman's clash with Aiyaary, he was quoted as saying, "Yes, it irritates, but now it's too late. What can we do now? Look, we announced the date first. When the makers of Pad Man unveiled their release date, we were gracious enough to shift our release date to avoid the clash."
Sid Wanted To Get A Solo Release
"This situation could have been resolved earlier. People could have stuck to their dates, respecting others' space. I was not expecting the makers of Pad Man to release their film with us, especially the second time. We thought we will get a solo release."
Balki Slams Sidharth For His Rude Statements
Deccan Chronicle quoted R Balki as saying, "I don't know what he's so irritated about. We had to shift from the Republic Day weekend to another day - another Friday - to make way for a film that has been troubled, and needed release space much more urgently than we did."
R Balki Sounded As Miffed As Sid
"We moved on humanitarian grounds, and not because we wanted to clash with Aiyaary once again. I thought that was clear to everyone," he asserted.
R Balki Corrects Sidharth
"I'd like to gently correct Sidharth," Mr Balki says, while adding, "We had announced the release of Pad Man for Republic Day, before Aiyaary. We had no problem with Aiyaary coming in, later, during the same weekend."
"So now why would they have a problem with us releasing on February 9? We are not releasing with Aiyaary. We would release on February 9, regardless of who else is coming along on that date or not."
He Further Added...
"Let's not fight over Friday up-manships. We should all find a way to co-exist. Only then can we avoid the kind of attack Padmaavat had to face."
Sidharth Shouldn't Feel Threatened..
"I don't understand why Sidharth should feel threatened by Pad Man. Aiyaary and Pad Man are two different entities; they can't be seen as competitors," concluded Balki.