TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya is back in news and this time again for a wrong reason. He has been accused of allegedly using foul language while speaking to a woman on the phone. She has filed a FIR against the singer and the case has been registered in Amboli Police Station, Andheri. The police have filed a charge under section 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and 506 (Criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against the singer.
A police official was quoted as saying to Hindustan Times, "The woman had an argument with the singer over some drilling work being done in the society. She claims that she was abused by him. We have registered a case and will be investigating the case further." The singer has denied all the claims and given his side of the story."
Meanwhile, Abhijeet shared his version of story while speaking to the same daily. He said, " She has been threatening me and others to extort money. I have given a commercial place on rent. My tenants were getting some work done, and she objected to it. Being the owner of the place, I intervened in it."
This is not the first time Abhijeet has found himself in a controversy.
In October 2015, Abhijeet was booked by the Oshiwara police for allegedly molesting and abusing a 34-year-old woman at a Durga Puja pandal in Lokhandwala. Later in 2016, the singer was named in an FIR following a police complaint by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Preeti Kumar Menon for allegedly abusing a woman journalist on Twitter.