- How Sonali Bendre's Son Ranveer Acted When She Was Diagnosed With Cancer? He'll Win Your Heart!
- Anand Mahindra Tweets A Heartwarming Message For Sonali Bendre!
- Sonali Bendre Battles Cancer; Shares Her Way Of Dealing With This Journey In An Emotional Post!
- India’s Best Dramebaaz’s Judges Omung Kumar & Vivek Oberoi Call Sonali Bendre, A Fighter!
- Akshay Kumar Visits Sonali Bendre After Getting To Know She's Diagnosed With High-Grade Cancer!
- Sonali Bendre Diagnosed With High-grade Cancer; TV Celebrities Wish Her A Speedy Recovery!
- Worrisome: After Irrfan Khan, Sonali Bendre Diagnosed With High-grade Cancer!
- Huma Qureshi Makes Her Television Debut;Replaces Sonali Bendre On India’s Best Dramebaaz
- Salman Khan Sentenced To 5-year Jail Term In The Blackbuck Poaching Case!
- Salman Khan's Blackbuck Poaching Case Verdict: Live Updates
- DIVAS IN A FRAME! Kajol, Madhuri Dixit & Sonali Bendre's Reunion Will Leave You Asking For More
- Sonali Bendre To Conduct Her Second Masterclass With Author Amish Tripathi!
Recently, Sonali Bendre left everyone shell-shocked when she announced that she has been diagnosed with high-grade cancer. The actress is currently undergoing treatment for it in the United States and her good friend Akshay Kumar had even visited her there to wish her speedy recovery.
Losing hair due to chemotherapy is one of the most painful things, but Sonali being a fighter that she is, is putting up a brave chin and sharing all the previous moments with her fans. After chopping off her tresses short, she has now gone completely bald and recently took to Instagram to share a new picture.
'People Give Me Strange Looks'
Sporting a bald look, Sonali is seen posing with her good pals Susanne and Gayatri. The actress captioned the picture as, "This is me. And in this moment, I am really happy. People give me strange looks when I say that now, but it's true and I'll tell you why. I am now paying attention to every moment, looking for every opportunity to find joy and #SwitchOnTheSunshine. Yes, there are moments of pain and low energy, but I am doing what I like, spending time with people I love, and feeling very loved and happy."
That's Called True Friendship
In the same post, she further added, " I am extremely grateful to my friends, my pillars of strength, who at a moment's notice, arrived to be with me and help me through this. In between their busy schedules they find time to visit, call, message, FaceTime... basically never leaving a moment for me to feel alone. Thank you for showing me what true friendship is. #HappyFriendshipDay, ladies. Blessed to have you all in my life (including the ones not in the picture... You know who you are) @gayatrioberoi @suzkr P.S. Nowadays I spend far less time getting ready because I don't have to fuss over my hair! 😜#BaldIsBeautiful #FindThePositive #OneDayAtATime."
Here's How Her Son Ranveer Reacted When He Learnt That She Has Been Diagnosed With Cancer
A few days back, she had shared a post where she spoke about her son Ranveer's reaction when she was diagnosed with cancer. In that post, she wrote, " From the moment he was born 12 years, 11 months and 8 days ago, my amazing @rockbehl took ownership of my heart. From then on, his happiness and wellbeing have been the centre of anything @goldiebehl and I ever did. And so, when the Big C reared its ugly head, our biggest dilemma was what and how we were going to tell him.
As much as we wanted to protect him, we knew it was important to tell him the full facts. We've always been open and honest with him and this time it wasn't going to be different. He took the news so maturely... and instantly became a source of strength and positivity for me. In some situations now, he even reverses roles and takes on being the parent, reminding me of things I need to do!
I believe that it's imperative to keep kids involved in a situation like this. They are a lot more resilient than we give them credit for. It's important to spend time with them and include them, rather than make them wait on the side-lines, not being told yet instinctively knowing everything. In our effort to protect them from the pain and realities of life, we might end up doing the opposite.
I'm spending time with Ranveer right now, while he's on summer vacation. His madness and shenanigans help me #SwitchOnTheSunshine. And today, we derive strength from each other #OneDayAtATime."
The Latest Update On Sonali's Health
A few days ago, her hubby Goldie Behl took to Twitter to update fans on her health and wrote, "Thank you all for the love and support for Sonali... she is stable and is following her treatment without any complications. This is a long journey but we have begun positively."
We wish Sonali a speedy recovery and are sure that she will bounce back hale and hearty!