- Sonam Kapoor Finds Dulquer Salmaan 'Cute', Says He Is Such A Good Actor!
- Sridevi Was Missed IMMENSELY By Janhvi At Sonam Kapoor's 'Mehendi' Because Of This Special Reason!
- Sonam Kapoor & Harshvardhan Kapoor Are Making Anil Kapoor ANXIOUS, Find Out Why!
- Sonam Kapoor Shifting To London With Hubby Anand Ahuja After Marriage? The Actress Finally Reacts!
- Harshvardhan's Bhavesh Joshi Superhero & Sonam's Veere Di Wedding To Face-Off On June 1
- The Price Of Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Ring & Details Of Her Mangalsutra Will Leave You Flabbergasted!
- Cannes 2018: Sonam Kapoor Looks Every Bit Of A Summer Bride In A Biege Corset Gown!
- Cannes 2018: Unlike Aishwarya Rai & Deepika, Sonam Kapoor FAILS To Grab Eyeballs On Red Carpet
- Did Mouni Roy & Others Just Drop A Hint About Something Brewing Between Ranbir Kapoor-Alia Bhatt?
- Salman Khan's Entry Made Aishwarya Rai Uncomfortable; Abhishek Came To Her Rescue At Sonam's Party
- Sonam Kapoor-Anand Ahuja Thank People For Making Their Wedding 'Special'
- First Family Wedding WITHOUT Sridevi! Anshula & Arjun Kapoor Shower LOVE On Janhvi & Khushi [PHOTOS]
Sonam Kapoor, who played a pivotal role in the film PadMan, is quite happy with the success of the movie. The actress in a recent interview to HT revealed that she has worked really hard to improve her craft.
The diva also mentioned that now she just wants to be in a happy space and would love to work with people who don't torture her on the sets. Read her entire interview below.
My Film Dared To Be Different
"Rave reviews are a bonus, and I'm thankful for them. But the best thing an actor can ask for is a good role and being part of cinema that inspires him or her to be better at the job.''
''I love it when everything- from the narration, script, talented co-actors, and an exciting role coalesces into a film. In today's times, content drives creative collaborations. I'm happy and proud to be associated with a film that dared to be different."
I Can't Call My Performance Effortless
"It's a huge boost for me to know that a certain filmmaker believes in me or thinks that I can fit into his or her vision. I'm grateful for the variety that has been offered to me. I don't think I can call it effortless. Striking an equation with the camera didn't come naturally to me. I worked on it and tried to polish it with each film."
Will Work With People Who Don't Torture Me On The Sets
Sonam also revealed, "My real ambition is to grow as a human being and become a smarter person." She further added, "When you do something with the right intention and purpose, things look up for you. I guess that's what shifted or changed for me. So, I decided, ‘I want to be in a happy space, work with people who are nice to me and who don't torture me on the sets."
The Films I Believe In
In another interview to TOI, Sonam also talked about her projects, ''PadMan not about a biopic. It's like the film has to be something I believe in. That whenever I am part of a story or part of something that sort of educates and aims at some kind of change. I want to be part of those stories. So, yes there is a Neerja then there is PadMan because I haven't had a release in between but I shot four films.''
I Am Very Proud To Be An Indian
''They all are releasing one after the other and I have Veere Di Wedding and I have Dutt, another biopic and there is EkLadkiKoDekha; there is Zoya Factor. It's all about what is going to inspire me to be a better artist. What is inspiring me that I will be proud of the story that I am a part of. So, some of these are very inspiring because in India we have so many stories.''
''I am very inspired by what India stands for and I am not talking about nationalistic India. I am talking about India as a whole; India of different religions, cultures, different kind of people with different stories and I am very proud to be an Indian.''