- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Slut-shamed; Fans Post Hate Comments, Ask Her To Undergo Surgery Like Mom Sridevi
- Swiss Honour For Sridevi! Switzerland To Install A Statue Of Bollywood's 'Chandni'
- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Sridevi's First Birthday After Her Demise: These Rare Pictures Of The Late Actress Are Pure Gold!
- NTR Biopic: Rakul Preet Likely To Play Sridevi In The Balakrishna Starrer
- Rishi Kapoor Gets Trolled For Failing To Recognize His Co-Star Sridevi In A Throwback Video!
- Sridevi's Tribute Video Shown At The IIFA 2018 Plagiarised? Boney Kapoor Locks Horns With A Fan!
- B'DAY SPECIAL: These Rare Pics Of Sanjay Dutt With Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai & Others Are Unmissable
- When Janhvi Kapoor Thought She Was Going To Lose Her Mind After Sridevi's Demise!
- Janhvi Kapoor On Sridevi: Acting For My Mother Was Instinctive; It Was Like Breathing
- After Janhvi Kapoor, Sridevi's Younger Daughter Khushi Kapoor To Enter Bollywood?
- Boney Kapoor On Janhvi Kapoor Being Compared To Her Mom Sridevi: It Worried Her
The first female superstar of the country, Sridevi breathed her last on February 24th. She passed away in her hotel room in the Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Dubai, at 11pm.
As per a report in TOI, Forensic doctors in Dubai concluded that Sridevi died of a heart attack and added there is nothing suspicious about the way the actress passed away.
The Procedures Are Complicated
An independent journalist working in the Gulf told the daily, ''if a person there dies in hospital, the cause of death is known and the procedure to release the body is quick. However, if a death occurs outside a hospital, even a natural death, police have to be informed and they will investigate the death after they first register a case.''
The Official Steps
''In case a body has to be sent overseas for cremation, there are, naturally, even more official steps to be taken, said the journalist Vasudeva Rao.''
Reason Why It's Taking Time
As per procedure, the body is first kept in the morgue at Al Qusais. After forensic examination at the General Department of Forensic Evidence, the body is handed over to the police. After the autopsy report, a death certificate is given and after that the police give their clearance.
Forensic pathologists found nothing suspicious about the manner in which Sridevi died. The procedures to release the body of a person who didn't die in hospital, are, naturally, more complicated. If the person who died is from abroad, the process to release their mortal remains can take even longer.
Sridevi Died Of Heart Attack
Forensic doctors in Dubai concluded that Sridevi died of a heart attack and added there is nothing suspicious about the way the superstar passed away, official sources in Dubai said.
Her Mortal Remains Will Reach India By 7:00 Pm
Another report in India.com stated that Boney along with his brother Sanjay Kapoor are currently doing the paper work, following which her body will be flown down to Mumbai via a private jet. As per the latest reports, her body will be ready for repatriation by 3 :30 pm and will likely reach India by 7 : 00 pm.
The funeral will reportedly take place today in Mumbai at the Pawan Hans crematorium. Many stars are likely to pay their last respects to the legendary actress