- Sridevi Was Missed IMMENSELY By Janhvi At Sonam Kapoor's 'Mehendi' Because Of This Special Reason!
- Post Sridevi's Demise, Anil Kapoor & Boney Kapoor Call Off Mr India 2, Shekhar Kapur Reacts!
- Gone Too Soon! Janhvi Kapoor Celebrates Mother's Day With The Memories Of Sridevi; Shares A Rare Pic
- Supreme Court Rejects Plea Seeking Investigation Into Sridevi’s Death!
- Supreme Court To Hear Plea Seeking Investigation Into Sridevi’s Death!
- First Family Wedding WITHOUT Sridevi! Anshula & Arjun Kapoor Shower LOVE On Janhvi & Khushi [PHOTOS]
- Demise Of Sridevi Is The Reason? Janhvi Kapoor REFUSES To Perform At Sonam Kapoor's Sangeet Ceremony
- Sridevi's Twitter Handle Comes To Life! Boney Kapoor Tweets Pictures Of Her National Film Awards Win
- National Awards Inside Pics: Boney Kapoor BREAKS DOWN; Janhvi Gets TEARY-EYED As She Misses Sridevi
- National Film Awards 2018! Disappointed Awardees Write An Open Letter To The President
- National Awards 2018: Janhvi Kapoor Ditches Designer Outfit & Wears Sridevi's Saree [PICS]
- 65th National Film Awards Live Updates! View Pictures
We all know that Boney was already married to Mona when he fell in love with Sridevi. For him it was love at first sight. But Sridevi had no feeling for him initially.
Infact, when he met her mother for the first time, to cast Sridevi In Mr. India, the actress' mom just wanted to get rid of him. Read below to know what her mother did to avoid Boney and what happened after that.
When Boney Approached Sridevi
Recalling her same meeting with Boney Kapoor, Sridevi in an earlier interview had told a daily, "I was shooting in Chennai, when Boneyji first approached me and expressed his desire to sign me for his forthcoming movie Mr.India''
I Just Nodded
''I, being an introvert, just nodded and asked him to meet my mother who used to handle my film assignments."
My Mother Wanted To Get Rid Of Him
She added, "Boneyji immediately approached my mother who was on the set sitting nearby. My mother quoted a substantially huge amount of Rs 10 lakh (almost double) as my fees just to dampen his spirits and get rid of him.''
When Boney Kapoor Did To Win Her Mother's Heart
''However to her surprise Boneyji offered her a cheque of Rs. 11 lakh, thus winning over my mother's heart. After winning my mother's heart, Boneyji slowly and gradually won my heart during the shoot of Mr India.''
Boney Arranged A Separate Make Up Room For Me
''He treated me like a queen. In those days, there were no vanity vans but Boneyji exclusively brought vanity van for me. He had arranged a separate make up room for me. He was always around me taking care of my minutest needs."
Sridevi Had No Feelings For Boney Kapoor Initially
"I came close to Boneyji quite late when I found him to be a true human being. I cried over his shoulder when my mother expired during the making of Chandani.''
When The Two Came Close
''Later at the time of my father's death he was close to me. Thus gradually I realized I was destined to be Mrs. Boney Kapoor," concluded Sridevi.
It Was Traumatic; Took Me Many Years To Accept...
In another interview to a daily, Sridevi had confessed, ''I fell in love with him when I got to know the real him. It was difficult, traumatic even and it took me many years to finally accept the fact that I was destined to be with Boney.''
I Followed My Heart
''I Followed My Heart, In hindsight, I only wish that I had realised and accepted his love for me sooner. I always believe in following my heart and I am glad that I did.''
My Sister Was Shocked With My Decision
''My parents had passed away by then and my sister was shocked with my decision. But now, she shares a great relationship with my husband and is convinced that he is the best thing that ever happened to me."