- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Sridevi's First Birthday After Her Demise: These Rare Pictures Of The Late Actress Are Pure Gold!
- NTR Biopic: Rakul Preet Likely To Play Sridevi In The Balakrishna Starrer
- Rishi Kapoor Gets Trolled For Failing To Recognize His Co-Star Sridevi In A Throwback Video!
- Sridevi's Tribute Video Shown At The IIFA 2018 Plagiarised? Boney Kapoor Locks Horns With A Fan!
- B'DAY SPECIAL: These Rare Pics Of Sanjay Dutt With Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai & Others Are Unmissable
- When Janhvi Kapoor Thought She Was Going To Lose Her Mind After Sridevi's Demise!
- Janhvi Kapoor On Sridevi: Acting For My Mother Was Instinctive; It Was Like Breathing
- After Janhvi Kapoor, Sridevi's Younger Daughter Khushi Kapoor To Enter Bollywood?
- Boney Kapoor On Janhvi Kapoor Being Compared To Her Mom Sridevi: It Worried Her
- Dhadak Movie Review: Live Audience Update On The Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter Starrer
- Before Janhvi Kapoor's Dhadak Releases, Let's Take A Look Back At Sridevi's Hindi Debut!
We all know that Boney was already married to Mona when he fell in love with Sridevi. For him it was love at first sight. But Sridevi had no feeling for him initially.
Infact, when he met her mother for the first time, to cast Sridevi In Mr. India, the actress' mom just wanted to get rid of him. Read below to know what her mother did to avoid Boney and what happened after that.
When Boney Approached Sridevi
Recalling her same meeting with Boney Kapoor, Sridevi in an earlier interview had told a daily, "I was shooting in Chennai, when Boneyji first approached me and expressed his desire to sign me for his forthcoming movie Mr.India''
I Just Nodded
''I, being an introvert, just nodded and asked him to meet my mother who used to handle my film assignments."
My Mother Wanted To Get Rid Of Him
She added, "Boneyji immediately approached my mother who was on the set sitting nearby. My mother quoted a substantially huge amount of Rs 10 lakh (almost double) as my fees just to dampen his spirits and get rid of him.''
When Boney Kapoor Did To Win Her Mother's Heart
''However to her surprise Boneyji offered her a cheque of Rs. 11 lakh, thus winning over my mother's heart. After winning my mother's heart, Boneyji slowly and gradually won my heart during the shoot of Mr India.''
Boney Arranged A Separate Make Up Room For Me
''He treated me like a queen. In those days, there were no vanity vans but Boneyji exclusively brought vanity van for me. He had arranged a separate make up room for me. He was always around me taking care of my minutest needs."
Sridevi Had No Feelings For Boney Kapoor Initially
"I came close to Boneyji quite late when I found him to be a true human being. I cried over his shoulder when my mother expired during the making of Chandani.''
When The Two Came Close
''Later at the time of my father's death he was close to me. Thus gradually I realized I was destined to be Mrs. Boney Kapoor," concluded Sridevi.
It Was Traumatic; Took Me Many Years To Accept...
In another interview to a daily, Sridevi had confessed, ''I fell in love with him when I got to know the real him. It was difficult, traumatic even and it took me many years to finally accept the fact that I was destined to be with Boney.''
I Followed My Heart
''I Followed My Heart, In hindsight, I only wish that I had realised and accepted his love for me sooner. I always believe in following my heart and I am glad that I did.''
My Sister Was Shocked With My Decision
''My parents had passed away by then and my sister was shocked with my decision. But now, she shares a great relationship with my husband and is convinced that he is the best thing that ever happened to me."