- Jacqueline Fernandez's Salman Khan-Varun Dhawan Connection
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play A Courtesan, Sanjay Dutt Turns Raja?
- Sonam Kapoor's Reception: Did Varun Dhawan Just Make His Relationship Official With Natasha Dalal?
- Ranbir Kapoor & Varun Dhawan Good For 'Ram Lakhan' Remake: Subhash Ghai
- Sonam Kapoor Spotted With BF Anand Ahuja; Arjun Kapoor & Varun Dhawan Caught Practising For Sangeet
- Sorry Sonam Kapoor! Deepika Padukone Might Skip Your Wedding For This Reason
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play Alia Bhatt's Dance Teacher In This Sanjay Dutt- Varun Dhawan Film?
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit Begins Shooting For This Sanjay, Varun, Alia, Sonakshi & Aditya Starrer!
- Varun Dhawan: Arjun Kapoor Criticizes My Work Whenever He Gets A Chance!
- Varun Dhawan On His GF Natasha Dalal: She Wants To Live A Normal Life & My Job Is To Protect Her!
- Varun Dhawan On His Marriage Plans: One Should Get Married Only When One Feels Like Going For It!
- Karan Johar Becomes Bollywood's First Director To Have His Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
Ever since the makers of Sui Dhaaga announced Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma teaming up for the film, everyone was quite eager to find out how this fresh pairing would look on-screen.
Well folks, your wait finally comes to an end. Last night, the lead pair took to their Twitter handle to unveil the first look of the film and to sum it up in one word- it's 'MIND-BLOWING'. Check it out here for yourself...
Meet Mauji And Mamta
Yes, that's Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma's character names in the film. We must say Varun looks cute with that moustache. On the other hand, Anushka's desi, coy avatar too receives a thumbs up.
They Are The New 'Small-Town' Couple
n the poster, Anushka is seen wearing a sari and perfects her look with a small bindi and sindoor. Varun sports a mustachioed look and is donning a cream-coloured shirt along with brown trousers.
We Know What's Anushka Playing
Anushka who is known for taking up challenging roles, is game for it once again. We hear that she plays a self-reliant embroiderer in the film. Speaking about her, director Sharat Katariya had earlier revealed, " We wanted someone who could effortlessly transform herself into a character who is intelligent, strong and expressive even in her silence. Anushka brings in the authenticity and resilient spirit as a performer and a star. Today, movie-goers want to discover and love characters that they connect with. They want to identify themselves with the story and see how convincingly and truthfully actors translate it."
When She Totally Surprised The Director
"I was surprised how quickly Anushka picked up the craft of embroidery. When I saw stuff she has embroided, I thought someone has helped her. Later I found out that her preparation is not just limited to the workshop space, she is taking material home to get better at the craft. The finishing touches is the thing that gives away that you are not trained at the craft but she realised that much before I could bring it up. It feels great to see actors taking interest in things beyond what the film requires", says director Sharat Katariya.
Well, that's Anushka Sharma for you.
We Are Super-Excited To Watch Varun In A New Avatar Too
Reportedly, the 'Judwaa 2' actor will be essaying the role of a tailor. Varun was quoted as saying, "From Gandhiji to Modiji, our country's leaders have always endorsed the mantra of Made in India. With Sui Dhaaga, I am proud to take their message to millions of movie lovers in a manner that is entertaining and relevant."
Produced by Yash Raj Films, Sui Dhaaga is slated to release on 28th September.