TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
A few days ago, the makers of Varun Dhawan-Anushka Sharma starrer Sui Dhaaga released a video, which revealed the official logo of the film that has been made in 15 different arts forms. Well, folks, it's now time to welcome the first official poster of this film, which was dropped by Varun himself this morning. And we must say, the poster truly looks 'Made In India'. It has the two stars sporting never-seen-before looks in the film that is set in the heartland of India.
Varun took to his Twitter handle and wrote, "Exclusive -बड़े मौज से पेश करते हैं हम सुई धागा मेड इन इंडिया का पहला पोस्टर! अब ट्रेलर के लिए ज़्यादा वक़्त नहीं बचा! #SuiDhaagaMadeInIndia TRAILER OUT ON 13TH AUGUST! भूलना मत!" Check out the poster here.
Sui Dhaaga is a film about finding love and respect through self-reliance. The film's plot is inspired by Mahatma Gandhi's philosophy and takes a leaf out of the hugely acclaimed 'Make In India' campaign. While Varun plays the role of a tailor, Anushka plays an embroiderer in the film. The duo have been paired up for the first time on-screen.
Speaking about casting Anushka, producer Manish Sharma earlier said, "We wanted someone who could effortlessly transform herself into a character who is intelligent, strong and expressive even in her silence. Anushka brings in the authenticity and resilient spirit as a performer and a star. Today, movie-goers want to discover and love characters that they connect with. They want to identify themselves with the story and see how convincingly and truthfully actors translate it."
On the other hand, Varun was earlier quoted as saying, "From Gandhiji to Modiji, our country's leaders have always endorsed the mantra of Made in India. With Sui Dhaaga, I am proud to take their message to millions of movie lovers in a manner that is entertaining and relevant."
Produced by Yash Raj Films, Sui Dhaaga is slated to hit the theatrical screens on 28th September, 2018.