TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The English Vinglish actor Sujata Kumar passed away on August 19, 2018, as she was suffering from cancer. She had won the battle against the deadly disease previously, but sadly, the cancer relapse took her life as she suffered from multiple organ failure that was in the fourth stage. Her funeral was held today on August 21, 2018, and the body was cremated at the Vile Parle Crematorium in Mumbai.
The last rites were jointly performed by Sujata Kumar's daughter Kritika and sister Suchitra Krishnamoorthi. Also, actor Arif Zakaria was one among the few from the movie industry who gathered to bid goodbye to Sujata Kumar.
Sujata Kumar's sister Suchitra Krishnamoorthi wrote an obituary in Mumbai Mirror today and called Sujata a "compassionate soul". Below is her obituary...
"Sujata was a compassionate soul who was always there for those who needed her. She touched many lives with her vivacity and generosity. She was spiritual and had the tenacity of an unrelenting warrior. She was emancipated even before people knew the meaning of women's liberation and lived life on her own terms till the end. My sister practically raised me and was my best friend. She loved unconditionally and gave so much to everyone in her orbit that she would often run out of energy herself. But I never imagined that she would one day no longer be a part of my life; its unbearable to even think about."
"All her family and close friends called her Suzie. For me, she was my Suzie Puzie. I will miss her forever," Suchitra Krishnamoorthi summed it up to Mumbai Mirror.