- Swara Bhaskar: Hollywood Celebrities Can Speak Against Their President & Still Feel Safe!
- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- Swara Bhaskar On Her Controversial Masturbation Scene From VDW: Wanted It To Look Comic, Not Vulgar
- Veere Di Wedding Box Office Report! Kareena-Sonam Film Passes The Crucial Monday Test
- Swara Bhaskar Shuts Down Haters Who Trolled Her For Masturbation Scene In Veere Di Wedding!
- Veere Di Wedding First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection Is Jaw-Dropping!
Swara Bhaskar is known to be vocal when it comes to politics and doesn't shy away from raising her voice against national and international issues. In July, 2018, a Nun from Kerala filed a complaint against Jalandhar Bishop, Franco Mulackal, and accused him of raping her at multiple occasions when he visited Kerala for some official work. The case gained popularity after the media placed its spotlight on the issue and now politicians have flamed the case for their own gains.
PC George, an MLA from Kerala called the Nun a prostitute by saying, "No one has doubt that the nun is a prostitute. 12 times she enjoyed it and the 13th time it is rape? Why didn't she complain the first time?" This comment by the MLA did not go down well with Swara Bhaskar as she lashed out against him by saying, "Absolutely shameful and disgusting!!!! Scum present across political spectrums and religious divides in India. Literally nauseating!"
Now, film-maker Vivek Agnihotri jumped into the picture out of nowhere and poked fun at Swara Bhaskar and the #MeToo movement by tweeting, "Where is the placard? - #MeTooProstituteNun?" For the uninitiated, Swara Bhaskar had previously made a video in support of the #MeToo movement and held placards against sexual harassment. Vivek Agnihotri's tweet was asking her, where's your feminist placard again?
Sensing his unhinged and misogynistic tweet, Swara Bhaskar tweeted, "Vivek. Just want to point out that you are using the trauma of women who are rape survivors to slut shame and abuse in public a woman you don't like. In the rare moments of sanity that may visit your brain - otherwise unhinged with hate- think about how low that is. #scum."
She even reported his tweet as 'hate speech' and Twitter took it down in just a few hours and even locked Vivek Agnihotri's Twitter handle. A happy and delighted Swara Bhaskar thanked Twitter for acting swiftly and tweeted, "Thank you @TwitterIndia @TwitterSupport 4 taking cognisance of @vivekagnihotri 's abusive tweet. And making him delete it! No tolerance 4 cyber bullying & abuse of women on public platforms! (Or private - but one thing at a time) Thank #SayNoToBullying."