- Swara Bhaskar Hammers Vivek Agnihotri For His Misogynist Tweet, Gets His Twitter Handle Locked
- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- Swara Bhaskar On Her Controversial Masturbation Scene From VDW: Wanted It To Look Comic, Not Vulgar
- Veere Di Wedding Box Office Report! Kareena-Sonam Film Passes The Crucial Monday Test
- Swara Bhaskar Shuts Down Haters Who Trolled Her For Masturbation Scene In Veere Di Wedding!
- Veere Di Wedding First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection Is Jaw-Dropping!
Swara Bhaskar is known to be vocal when it comes to politics and doesn't shy away from raising her voice against national and international issues, which need to be addressed by the politicians. She opened up by saying that freedom of speech in India has been made a mockery of, as one can't raise a question to the leaders, without being lashed out at by the trolls on the internet. She stated that Hollywood celebrities show their frustration with their President and still feel safe and secure, but that's not the case in India.
"We are a society which doesn't care about freedom of speech unlike Hollywood who defends it. Can anyone think of speaking against people in power, like people in the US speak against their President, and feel safe?" Swara said to India Today.
She also showed her discomfort that the Government has not done its best to bring fraudsters like Nirav Modi and others under the scrutiny and has been lenient on the issue despite them scamming the people of worth crores of rupees. "I find it strange that the government is not doing enough in cases like Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi, where they have left with thousands of crores and are saying that Indian jails are not comfortable. On the other hand, you have five sensible people working for the rights of the poorest and marginalised but they are picked up by police."
Swara further commented, "They were not there at the scene of violence but those who were present during the Bhima-Koregaon violence, like Sambhaji Bhide and others, are roaming free. The police must do its job. It's strange."
When asked if her outspoken attitude has costed her anything when it comes to movies, she said that no film-maker has asked her to stay silent, but her near and dear ones have asked her to be careful. "I was not victimised ever for having views. No producer has asked me to be silent. However, my well-wishers have advised me."