- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement: Deepika Padukone Wasn't Invited But Ranveer Singh Was?
- Ranveer Singh Doesn’t Fear Being Judged; Says, ‘I’ve Always Been Unique’
- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Ask Guests Not To Carry A Mobile Phone At Their Wedding!
- Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan Wish Everyone A Happy Independence Day
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Inside Pictures From Sara Ali Khan's Birthday Bash! See Here
- Karan Johar Reveals Major Details About Takht, Says It's Like 'K3G Of The Mughal Era'!
- Ranveer Singh Gets Mobbed By Fans In Mumbai; Then Dances Atop A Car! Watch Video
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Was Skeptical About Ranveer Singh! Then, What Made Her Say Yes To Takht?
- Karan Johar Announces Takht With Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor!
- Kareena Kapoor To Romance Ranveer Singh In Karan Johar's Next? Juicy Details Inside!
Swara Bhaskar is in the news again and this time for her shocking tweet. The actress, who is making headlines for her open letter to Sanajy Leela Bhansali, recently tweeted that she loves to be in the limelight.
Read what Swara Bhaskar wrote and how Ranveer Singh reacted when asked to comment about Swara's rant relating to his movie Padmaavat.
The actress wrote that 'Mujhe controversy se dar nahi lagta'. I like to stay in the limelight that is why I create controversy.
Swara Is Making Headlines...
Swara Bhaskar published a piece on a news website about how she felt after watching Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film Padmaavat.
She Criticised The Jauhar Scene In The Movie
"Surely Sir, you agree that Sati, and Jauhar are not practices to be glorified. Surely, you agree that notwithstanding whatever archaic idea of honour, sacrifice, purity propels women and men to participate in and condone such practices; that basically Sati and Jauhar, like the practice of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Honour Killings, are steeped in deeply patriarchal, misogynist and problematic ideas."
I Felt Like A Vag*na After Watching Padmaavat
A mentality that believes that the worth of women lies in their vaginas, that female lives are worthless if the women are no longer controlled by male owners or if their bodies have been ‘desecrated' by the touch of ; or even the gaze of a male who doesn't by social sanction ‘own' or ‘control' the female."
Ranveer's Unexpected Reaction
A leading news agency asked Ranveer what he has to say about Swara's criticism to his film to which he answered, "I got a message from Swara just yesterday. She loved my performance in the film. So...".
But Shahid Is Not Happy
He told a daily, "I haven't read it yet. We have been busy with other things, but I think this isn't the right time. Padmaavat is representing the film industry and it's freedom of expression."
It Feels Odd
"It has been a tough battle for us to be able to bring forth the film to the audience. It feels great to receive support from the entire industry but it feels odd that someone said something on a personal level. That's OK though as everyone has the right to say what they want but I haven't read it yet."
Swara Bhaskar Clarifies...
She told IANS, "Everybody has right to express opinion. I kept my views in a very polite manner and had no wrong intentions. I put forward a few legitimate questions. I didn't expect so much chaos just because I used a word which starts with 'V'".