- Ranveer Singh- Deepika Padukone To Get MARRIED On This Date? Insiders Reveal Details!
- Deepika Padukone REVEALS What She Loves The Most About Ranveer Singh & It's Super Cute!
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Ravi Dubey Has Nailed It In Ranveer Singh’s Alauddin Khilji Look, Fans Can’t Stop Praising Him!
- Ranveer Singh Finally Reveals Why He Agreed To Dub For Deadpool 2 & It's Totally BIZZARE!
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Ranveer Singh: I Have Been Exploring Indian Superhero Subjects
- LOL! This Throwback Pic Of Ranveer Singh Proves That He Was A Fitness Freak Even As A Kid
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Ranveer Singh Was Missing Deepika Padukone Badly At Sonam Kapoor's Reception!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding: Ranveer Singh Flaunts His Funky Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh Reveals The Story Of His Next Film Gully Boy
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Tell Staff Not To Take Leave During Their Wedding; Dates Finalised
Swara Bhaskar is in the news again and this time for her shocking tweet. The actress, who is making headlines for her open letter to Sanajy Leela Bhansali, recently tweeted that she loves to be in the limelight.
Read what Swara Bhaskar wrote and how Ranveer Singh reacted when asked to comment about Swara's rant relating to his movie Padmaavat.
The actress wrote that 'Mujhe controversy se dar nahi lagta'. I like to stay in the limelight that is why I create controversy.
Swara Is Making Headlines...
Swara Bhaskar published a piece on a news website about how she felt after watching Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film Padmaavat.
She Criticised The Jauhar Scene In The Movie
"Surely Sir, you agree that Sati, and Jauhar are not practices to be glorified. Surely, you agree that notwithstanding whatever archaic idea of honour, sacrifice, purity propels women and men to participate in and condone such practices; that basically Sati and Jauhar, like the practice of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Honour Killings, are steeped in deeply patriarchal, misogynist and problematic ideas."
I Felt Like A Vag*na After Watching Padmaavat
A mentality that believes that the worth of women lies in their vaginas, that female lives are worthless if the women are no longer controlled by male owners or if their bodies have been ‘desecrated' by the touch of ; or even the gaze of a male who doesn't by social sanction ‘own' or ‘control' the female."
Ranveer's Unexpected Reaction
A leading news agency asked Ranveer what he has to say about Swara's criticism to his film to which he answered, "I got a message from Swara just yesterday. She loved my performance in the film. So...".
But Shahid Is Not Happy
He told a daily, "I haven't read it yet. We have been busy with other things, but I think this isn't the right time. Padmaavat is representing the film industry and it's freedom of expression."
It Feels Odd
"It has been a tough battle for us to be able to bring forth the film to the audience. It feels great to receive support from the entire industry but it feels odd that someone said something on a personal level. That's OK though as everyone has the right to say what they want but I haven't read it yet."
Swara Bhaskar Clarifies...
She told IANS, "Everybody has right to express opinion. I kept my views in a very polite manner and had no wrong intentions. I put forward a few legitimate questions. I didn't expect so much chaos just because I used a word which starts with 'V'".