TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- CBI War: Nageshwar Rao Appointed Interim Director, Verma, Asthana Sent On Leave
- OnePlus Pop-Up Events Announced: Buy OnePlus 6T With Free Food And Goodies
- Ever Been To This Ancient Village Of Tigawa In Madhya Pradesh?
- Ever Tried Using Kiwi For Strong & Shiny Hair?
- THIS Actor Caught Deepika Padukone Sitting On Ranveer Singh's Lap; Reveals How Their Romance Begun!
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- Manchester United 0 Juventus 1: Dybala Downs Mourinho's Men On Ronaldo's Return
- Paytm FD Offers Interest At The Rate Of 8%; Know How To Avail It
Composers Ajay-Atul Gogavale will score the music for Ashutosh Gowariker's upcoming period film "Panipat". The brother duo have Marathi films such as "Natarang", "Sairaat" and Bollywood movies "Singham" and "Agneepath" to their credit, including "Jogwa" in Marathi for which they received National Award for best music direction in 2008.
"It is a great honour for us to work with a great director like Ashu sir. He is not only an excellent filmmaker but also has very good musical sensibilities, and we have seen that through all his films. We are excited to be a part of his next magnum opus - Panipat," Ajay-Atul said in a statement.
Gowariker said the music duo have the "musical sensibilities" required for the film. "Ajay-Atul's music alternates between the boisterous and the rugged, while being melodious and emotional too. They have musical sensibilities that this film demands and I am excitedly looking forward to collaborate with them," he said.
Rohit Shelatkar, who is co-producing the film with Gowariker under his company Vision World, is excited to have Ajay-Atul on board. "Ajay and Atul are master composers, immensely talented and also have a natural connection with the theme of Marathi pride. I am delighted to have them compose the music for this epic film of Panipat that is so close to my heart," Shelatkar said.
The film, which features Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon and Sanjay Dutt in pivotal roles, is based on the third battle of Panipat that took place in 1761. Arjun plays the role of Maratha leader Sadashivrao Bhau, while Sanjay Dutt is portraying Ahmad Shah Durrani. "Panipat" is slated to release on December 6 next year.