- Isha Ambani's Grand Engagement At Lake Como: Janhvi Kapoor Looks Breathtaking In A Black Gown [Pics]
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Slut-shamed; Fans Post Hate Comments, Ask Her To Undergo Surgery Like Mom Sridevi
- Janhvi Kapoor Has Tremendous Potential & Is Here To Stay In Bollywood: Arjun Kapoor
- WIFT Awards: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Her Daughter Aaradhya Steal The Show; See Photos!
- Janhvi Kapoor Asks Karan Johar On How To Deal With Trolls & Here's What He Has To Say!
- Shahrukh Khan's Son Aryan & Khushi Kapoor To Debut In Bollywood With A Karan Johar Film?
- Janhvi Kapoor On Competing With Sara Ali Khan: People Love Pitting Women Against Each Other
- Priyanka Chopra Celebrates Her Late Father’s Birthday, Goes Out For Dinner With Mom & Janhvi Kapoor
- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Karan Johar Reveals Major Details About Takht, Says It's Like 'K3G Of The Mughal Era'!
- Karan Johar Announces Takht With Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor!
- Salman Khan & Katrina Kaif Turn Groom & Bride For Manish Malhotra; Janhvi & Sara Make Jaws Drop
This year marks the debut of two promising faces in the film industry- Sridevi's daughter Janhvi Kapoor and Amrita Singh's daughter Sara Ali Khan. However even before their respective films, Dhadak and Simmba's release, the two lovely ladies find themselves being pitted against each other. While Janhvi's Dhadak is slated to release this Friday, Sara Ali Khan will be appearing on screen for the very first time in Simmba which releases in December.
Recently in an interview with a leading daily, Janhvi Kapoor opened up about competing with Sara Ali Khan and also reacted to reports about her signing a new film. Scroll down to read more-
Janhvi Is Looking Forward To Watch Sara's Films
A Deccan Chronicle report quoted Janhvi as saying, "There is no competition. I am looking forward to watching her films as an audience member."
Damn Those Rivalry Reports!
"She holds great promise and I think women should support each other," the 'Dhadak' actress further added.
When Sridevi Had Reacted To Constant Comparisons Between Janhvi & Sara
In an interview with Mid-Day, the late actress had reacted to constant comparisons between her daughter Janhvi and Sara Ali Khan and said," Competition can never be eliminated from this industry. There is nothing wrong with it. It keeps you on your toes, making you work harder. But, the biggest challenge lay in bettering your craft, and faring better than you did the last time."
Sridevi On Janhvi's Friendship With Sara
"You don't have to turn your face away from each other just because you are pitted against one another at work."
Meanwhile, Has Janhvi Signed Her Second Film?
There are reports doing the rounds that just like Sara, Janhvi too has bagged a new film before her debut film's release. Reacting to these speculations, the actress clarified, " I have heard that rumour. But no, I am not doing any south film. At the moment, my priority is Dhadak. I am concentrating on promoting my first film before taking on anything else. That is the only movie on my mind."
Janhvi On The Constant Spotlight On Her
"It is a bit weird and unnerving that all of a sudden, I am seeing so much of myself. Fortunately, a huge chunk of Dhadak was shot outdoors so it was away from paparazzi and cameras, although I am very thankful and flattered that I get this kind of attention. I know that I have done nothing to deserve this. Hopefully, after this film, people will appreciate my work and then I will feel that I have earned a little bit of it but as of now, I know that I shouldn't take it too seriously,"