- Sanjay Leela Bhansali Confirms That No Gangster Drama Is Happening With Priyanka Chopra!
- Ranbir Kapoor Went BANKRUPT After Jagga Jasoos's Failure; Reveals How Bhansali Almost BROKE His Back
- Did Sanjay Leela Bhansali Drop The Idea Of Working With Salman Khan? We're As Confused As You Are!
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali DYING To Cast Salman Khan In His Next Film? The Director Drops MAJOR HINTS
- BREAKING! Salman Khan To Star In A Sanjay Leela Bhansali Film?
- Not Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra Was Supposed To Play The Female Lead In Ram Leela?
- OMG! Sonam Kapoor Talks About Bhansali, Says I Don't Think I Am His Kind Of Actor
- SLB Reveals! Why Deepika Padukone Was Not Ready To Shoot Ghoomar & What Happened When He Got Slapped
- PIL In High Court Claims Padmaavat Glorifies Sati
- A BIG MISTAKE? Shahrukh Khan REJECTED Khilji's Role In Padmaavat; Is He Regretting His Decision Now?
- Priya Varrier Would Love To Work With Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh & Sidharth Malhotra!
- VICTIM OF PERCEPTION! Karan Johar Is UNHAPPY That He Isn't Taken Seriously Unlike Bhansali & Hirani
The past year was really traumatic and stressful for Sanjay Leela Bhansali because of the protest against his film Padmaavat. But even after that, the director wakes up with hope every morning and feels thankful that the audience liked his film.
However, in a recent interview To Deccan Chronicle, SLB said that he will also try to please those who think that his cinema is about excesses. The filmmaker also talked about celebrating his birthday, Padmaavat and much more...
The Fate Of Padmaavat Was Not In Our Hands
Bhansali told a leading daily, "As a child, I never got to celebrate my birthday. My sister and I were not even allowed to attend birthday parties. Having said that, I see no reason to celebrate, birthday or no birthday. The fate of Padmaavat was never in our hands, or in the hands of those who wanted to stop it.''
Who Decides What The Audience Should See?
''I have just one question for those who don't like my film, many of them without seeing it: Who decides what the audience should see and like?"
The Levels Of Attack I Went Through
"My work, my cinema is the only impetus. I have to wake up every morning with hope in my heart. The past year has been traumatic for me. I am yet to process all the levels of attack I went through.''
Those Who Don't Like My Films
''I only want to feel thankful that our film has been seen by the public and liked... except by those who invariably think my cinema is about excesses. To them I can only say sorry, I will try harder next time to please you."
On A Related Note
In another interview to IANS, Speaking about the lead actress of Padmaavat, Bhansali said, "Deepika Padukone is so fabulous; she is such a jaan. I just love her. All her hard work and brilliance that she brings to the set is effortless. She does her preparation but there is none of the 'I am prepared for a role' heaviness around her. It is done with so much silence."
I Am Not Done With Deepika Yet
"It's such a pleasure to work with someone who does what she is doing at that moment with absolute honesty. She's an actor who feels so honestly and simply, but her performances are detailed and nuanced. I'm not done with her yet."