TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Amitabh Bachchan's look in Thugs of Hindostan had gathered attention even before the shooting was completed and designer duo Rushi and Manoshi say the "contrasting personalities" of the megastar's character reflects in their costume.
The designers researched for months to design the look for the actor which is a combination of armour, leather and the traditional dhoti pants. Bachchan plays Khudabaksh, a commander of the Thugs, in the action extravaganza, directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya.
"Our brief for Khudabaksh was that of a warrior who is a farmer at heart. This character has very contrasting personalities. Our costume spoke this brief aloud. We have given him a kurta and the dhoti is absolutely kisan (farmer) like.
"The kurta has a cotton and a linen rib with a mulmul lining to give it that softness and on top of that we have given that hard armour which brings out the fierceness of a warrior of Khudabaksh's stature," the costume designers said in a statement.
Bachchan said shooting for the film on board a ship during action sequences with rain and sea waters soaking up the leather costume was tough.
"The costume designers have gone through a huge process of labour and research to design something. A lot of the sequences in the armour was shot in rain. The leather use to soak in water and it almost became as heavy as wearing a metal outfit. Yes, It was cumbersome but I think in the interest of the film and in the interest of the character one had to wear it," he said.
The film, produced by Yash Raj Films, also stars Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Shaikh. Thugs Of Hindostan is slated to release on November 8 in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.