- Did Tiger Shroff Refuse To Work With Ranveer Singh? Karan Johar Reacts To Reports!
- Ananya Panday Shares A Throwback Picture With Her Mom & It's Too Good To Be Missed!
- Salman Khan Takes A Massive Dig At Young Actors; Is He Targeting Ranbir Kapoor & Arjun Kapoor?
- Disha Patani Sizzles In A White Monokini & Tiger Shroff Goes Shirtless! View Pictures
- Is Disha Patani Really Dating Tiger Shroff? She Finally BREAKS Her Silence On The Issue
- Disha Patani BLASTS Trolls! Says She Doesn't Need Anyone's Approval To Post Pictures Online
Tiger Shroff has emerged as an action hero in the current generation of Bollywood stars, but the actor said he did not choose Student of the Year 2 to break any stereotypes. Much before Tiger made his acting debut in 2014 with Heropanti, he was often seen doing daredevil stunts off-screen.
After featuring in a string of films such as Baaghi, A Flying Jatt and Munna Michael, the 28-year-old actor has cemented his position as an action star. In his next Baaghi 2, he will yet again be seen doing power-packed stunts.
However, in SOTY 2, Tiger will move away from his macho image and transform into a naive student. The film, sequel to the hit 2012 Karan Johar directorial, will be helmed by Punit Malhotra. "I am trying something else with Student of the Year 2. Thats a complete contrast from Baaghi 2. I am getting bullied and beaten up. Here, it is the opposite," Tiger said in a media interaction.
The actor said the decision to do the film - even as its rest of the cast is yet to be finalised - was not taken with the intention of breaking away from the action hero stereotype. "I dont have much action in the film (Student of the Year 2). I didnt choose it to break the stereotype. It was an honour to work with Dharma Productions," he said.
"It is Karan Johars baby franchise, his priced possession and he is passing it on to me, so theres an expectation. I take huge pride in taking the legacy forward of Student of the Year," he added.
Tiger said the film will give him a platform to showcase a different side to his acting chops. "For me, its great as an actor to explore different facets. Ive never played a regular, normal lover boy. Its like a musical.
"If I get bullied there, the audience will be surprised. Suddenly after Baaghi 2, here I am getting bullied. So for me, thats scoring marks," he added. Baaghi 2 is scheduled to be released this Friday. PTI