- Why Salman Khan Has Turned Into A Photographer On The Sets Of Bharat?
- Bigg Boss 12: From Unique Theme To Weekend Ka Vaar Twist, Here Are Interesting Scoops About The Show
- Katrina Kaif Knew She'll Star In Bharat Despite Ali Abbas Zafar Signing Priyanka Chopra!
- Salman Khan Feels Kapil Sharma & Sunil Grover Will Make The Funniest Jodi!
- Bigg boss 12 Promo: Salman Khan Introduces Vichitr Jodis In The Most Hilarious Way!
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Roka Ceremony: Arpita Khan Sharma Arrives To Bless The Couple
- Straight From Bharat Sets: Take A Tour Inside Salman Khan's New Swanky Vanity Van!
- Dus Ka Dum: Salman Khan Admits To Flirting & Crushing On His Teachers!
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- What Happened Between Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Salman Khan? She Might Share The Truth In Her Biopic
- Dhoom 4: Post Salman Khan's Exit, Will Shahrukh Khan Or Ranbir Kapoor Step Into His Shoes?
- Salman Khan Starrer Bharat Teaser Is Out! Watch It Here
When it comes to the most eligible bachelors of the tinsel town, superstar Salman Khan's name definitely tops the list. In fact, many have even taken potshots at his 'single' status in their films. But Salman being Salman has successfully dodged the question about his marriage whenever asked.
However the actor finally revealed the real reason and we bet you won't be quite surprised by it. Scroll down to read more...
The Reason Came As A Shock To Us
As per a Pinkvilla report, at a recent event when Salman was asked the quintessential marriage question, the actor quipped, "Marriage has become such a big thing. You spend lakhs and lakhs and crores of money in getting somebody married. I can't afford. That's the reason I am a single man."
He further added that his father, screenplay writer Salim Khan, got married in just Rs 180 and hence has been able to bring his 5 kids up.
Salman Is Curious To Know About This
Recently in one of TV interviews when he was asked about his marriage, Salman had answered, "I am very much delighted to see so many people care about my marriage and are worried about it. However, it wonders me that, what will be the benefit of people from my marriage? Nothing. So there's no as such answer. Neither it's no nor it's yes and not even may be. But when it will happen, it will or may be it will not take place."
His Blunt Reply
Earlier when quizzed about his plans of settling down, Salman said, "Now, say if someone comes and asks me something straight up, like this whole marriage shit. They're really not interested, you know that. They just want to chhapo that marriage thingy. That pisses me off. For me, I think marriage is a waste of money!"
Wait, What! He Doesn't Believe In Love
"I don't believe in love at all. I don't think there's any reason for the word 'love' to exist. The word is 'need'. It depends on whose need is more. Or who you might need at some point. But she may not need you at all. This can also turn the other way round when you don't need her sometimes. So, basically, the need has got to be equal at all times. Which may or may not happen."
Salman On Speculations About His Marriage With Rumoured Flame Iulia Vantur
Rumours flew thick when Salman attended Preity Zinta's marriage reception with his rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur. Later when a leading daily asked the superstar about the speculations, he had lashed out, "Yes, we did go to that party, but am I not allowed to go anywhere with anybody? So, if I am seen outside with any woman, will I be married off to her?
One has to understand one's responsibility towards a woman. The media keeps saying, "Salman will get married on this date or that date." But when it (marriage) doesn't happen, it's only the girl who suffers. Aise bolke aapne uski izzat ki dhajjiyan hi udaa di (you have stripped her of all her respect).
They (the media) have dishonoured a woman regardless of whether she is an Indian or a foreigner. In such cases, the media gives hope to the woman and puts pressure on me. And this is not good; I also look like an insensitive person, who is not interested in getting married."
On the work front, the actor will be next seen in Race 3 and Kick 2.