TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
It all began when Uday Chopra tweeted why he thinks marijuana should be legalised in India. The actor presented a few arguments to support his demand, including "it's part of Indian culture" and has "medical benefits". He posted, "I feel India should legalize marijuana. Firstly, It's part of our culture. Secondly, I think if legalized and taxed it can be a huge revenue source. Not to mention it will remove the criminal element associated with it. Plus and most importantly it has a lot of medical benefits!" He further wrote.," And no I do not use it. I just really think it's a wise move, given our history with the plant."
Of course, the Mumbai Police had the most savage reply to Uday's tweet as they wrote back, "Sir, a citizen of India, you are privileged to express your view on a public platform. Be mindful, as of now, consumption, possession and transportation of marijuana, invites harsh punishment as per provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act,1985."
Of course, the Twitterati loved the Mumbai police's kickass reply and some were even reminded of the Dhoom series. Here's what some of them wrote-
"When Mumbai police becomes ACP Jay Dixit #DhoomOnTwitter."
Sanket Patil @sanketp24
"@juniorbachchan is that you handling the Twitter account of Mumbai Police?? #Dhoom."
Rohit Khilnani @rohitkhilnani
"Dhoom Dhoom (Background music for this tweet) @udaychopra"
Dr. Hannibal Sushruta @SavageRaptor7
"Uday toh real life mein bhi police se troll hota hai not just in dhoom movies."