- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Slut-shamed; Fans Post Hate Comments, Ask Her To Undergo Surgery Like Mom Sridevi
- Swiss Honour For Sridevi! Switzerland To Install A Statue Of Bollywood's 'Chandni'
- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Sridevi's First Birthday After Her Demise: These Rare Pictures Of The Late Actress Are Pure Gold!
- NTR Biopic: Rakul Preet Likely To Play Sridevi In The Balakrishna Starrer
- Rishi Kapoor Gets Trolled For Failing To Recognize His Co-Star Sridevi In A Throwback Video!
- Sridevi's Tribute Video Shown At The IIFA 2018 Plagiarised? Boney Kapoor Locks Horns With A Fan!
- B'DAY SPECIAL: These Rare Pics Of Sanjay Dutt With Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai & Others Are Unmissable
- When Janhvi Kapoor Thought She Was Going To Lose Her Mind After Sridevi's Demise!
- Janhvi Kapoor On Sridevi: Acting For My Mother Was Instinctive; It Was Like Breathing
- After Janhvi Kapoor, Sridevi's Younger Daughter Khushi Kapoor To Enter Bollywood?
- Boney Kapoor On Janhvi Kapoor Being Compared To Her Mom Sridevi: It Worried Her
The sudden demise of one of India's most loved actresses Sridevi has come as a huge blow not only to the film industry but to her million of fans who have grown up adoring her on-screen.
After a long hiatus, Sridevi had made a comeback in films with Gauri Shinde's English Vinglish in 2013. A year after she attended a talk show 'Neengalum Vellalam Oru Kodi' which was hosted by actor Prakash Raj.
On the show, Sridevi recollected her working experience as a heroine on the sets of her first film and made some candid confessions. Scroll down to read-
This Is How Much She Was Paid For Her First Film
Sridevi spoke about her first film Moonru Mudichu as a heroine which was directed by K.Balachander. The actress revealed that her salary was just Rs 5000.
Wait What! She Was Paid More Than Her Co-star Rajinikanth
Yes, that's true. Her co-stars in the film, Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth were paid Rs.30,000 and Rs,2,000 respectively.
Rajini Was New To The Industry
Sridevi recalled how Kamal Haasan was already an established star then while she and Rajini were relatively new to the industry.
He Was Close To Sridevi's Mother
On the show, the actress laughed and revealed, " Rajini was very close to my mother. He was like a son. When we were all talking, Rajini would ask how he can become a big star like Kamal. My mother would say, you will definitely become like that. Rajini wanted to earn Rs.30,000."
Sridevi Was Nervous During The Iconic Picnic Scene
The legendary actress even recollected a funny incident which happened when they were shooting for the iconic picnic picnic scene where Kamal falls into a lake and Rajini refuses to help him.
She said, "Instead of saying 'Poitare Poitare', I started yelling 'Pootare Pootare' (a colloquial usage). Kamal sir was holding on to the boat and laughing so much at this that the boat was shaking. And then the Director Balachander was yelling and asking why the boat was shaking."
She Was All Praises For Rajinikanth
"He is very humble, very good at heart. He always wants to help others. He doesn't like it when someone is facing some difficulty. He wants everyone to be happy. He is a good man and very talented," she said. "During the shoots, he will keep disappearing. And when we are looking for him, Balachander will say - 'Go find a mirror, he will be there."
Rajinkanth's Emotional Post On Sridevi's Death
"In front of camera and behind the camera, there are two Sridevis. Behind the camera she is very unassuming. She will listen to everything. In front of the camera she's like fire, an electric power would pass. That's how she would act.
At the same time, she has never gotten angry on anyone. When she went to Hindi film industry, she didn't know a word of Hindi. She surprised everyone with the ease and effortlessness with which she performed there. She's a born actor.
This is a big, big, big loss to Indian film industry. I have very few close friends. Among them, Sridevi was one. I have lost her. My heart is very heavy."