- Sui Dhaaga Trailer: Varun Dhawan & Anushka Sharma Show Hard Work Is All That We Need To Succeed
- Varun Dhawan Pulls Athiya Shetty's Leg After 'Kiki' Singer Drake Posts A Sweet Comment On Her Pic!
- Sui Dhaaga First Poster: Varun Dhawan & Anushka Sharma's Desi Avatar Is Winning Over Our Hearts!
- Sui Dhaaga: Logo Of Varun Dhawan & Anushka Sharma's Film Made In 15 Different Art Forms!
- Kareena Kapoor To Romance Ranveer Singh In Karan Johar's Next? Juicy Details Inside!
- Varun Dhawan Joins The Countdown & Reveals The New Poster Of Loveratri
- Sui Dhaaga: Varun Dhawan & Anushka Sharma Have Eyes Only For Each Other In This New Still!
- Dhadak Celebs Review: From Madhuri Dixit To Arjun Kapoor, Everyone's In Awe Of Janhvi-Ishaan's Act
- Varun Dhawan, Karan Johar, Vaani Kapoor & Others Attend Bhumi Pednekar's Birthday Bash! Pictures
- 'Chachu No 1' Varun Dhawan Introduces His Niece To The World, Says It's Love At First Sight!
- INSIDE IIFA 2018: Ranbir Kapoor Dances To Balam Pichkari, Rekha Charms & KJo Goes Shava-Shava!
- IIFA Rocks 2018 Inside Pics: From Varun Dhawan's Groupfie To Anil Kapoor's Dashing Ramp Walk!
Actor Varun Dhawan believes making historical films in the country is a double-edged sword as everyone is offended with everything nowadays. Varun launched author Amish Tripathi's first book in Indic Chronicle series -"Suheldev & The Battle Of Bahraich".
Asked whether actors were wary of choosing historical films, Varun told reporters, "Unfortunately, this is a double-edged sword in our country. Certain sections become upset or they say, 'We were not consulted before this happened'," he said.
Varun To Amish
The actor said Amish, who has written book on Shivaand Ram, told him that he never faced any trouble over his interpretation. "I think when you do it from a good space and clean heart, 90 per cent of the times no one will be offended. But in 2018, everyone is offended with everything. Someone might see my shoe lace is open and take offence with it that I came to launch a book with my shoe laces open," Varun added.
But Varun Won't Say 'No' To Historical Films Only If..
The actor said he would not shy away from exploring the subject if a good script comes his way. "No not really. I think if you are fearful then you can't achieve greatness.
You have to take on fear head on. That's what Amish has been doing, 20-25 per cent of our population is tribal and different castes and it is not represented that much in our literature or films."
Is Varun Skeptical Owing TO Padmaavat Row?
Historical films have always been a tricky subject for Bollywood filmmakers and most recently Sanjay Leela Bhansali faced a lot of trouble before the release of his film "Padmaavat".
Varun Wants To Do A Biopic On This Person
The actor also said he is scared of doing biopics but if he had to do one, he would like to chronicle the life of his father on the big screen.
David, real name Rajinder Dhawan, is a graduate from Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Film and Television Institute of India (FTII). He is best known for his string of comedy films with Govinda in the '90s.
"If I have to do a biography on someone, it would be my dad. I think it would be about his early life, till the time he didn't have me," the actor said at an event here.
Inputs From PTI