- Vicky Kaushal: You Need To Surprise The Audience With Every Film You Do!
- Taapsee Pannu Trolls People Who Protested The 'Smoking Scene' In Manmarziyaan! View Tweets
- Manmarziyaan Weekend Collection: Film Mints Rs. 14.33 Crores In 3 Days!
- Manmarziyaan: Abhishek Bachchan-Taapsee Pannu-Vicky Kaushal Film Gets A Thumbs Up From The Audience!
- Manmarziyaan Movie Review: Anurag Kashyap Paints Love On The Canvas In Its Truest Form!
- Manmarziyaan vs Mitron Box Office Predictions: Which Film Will Entice The Audience?
A few days ago, Karan Johar dropped a bomb on Instagram when he made his next directorial official and revealed the star cast of Takht! He seems to have pulled off the biggest casting coup by roping in Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt, Katrina Kaif, Anil Kapoor, Vicky Kaushal, Janhvi Kapoor and Bhumi Pednekar. Recently, Bhumi & Alia had expressed their excitement on being a part of KJo's film and now, Vicky Kaushal expresses his excitement and happiness and also drops a hint about his role in the film!
Vicky Kaushal says it is 'surreal' to be a part of Karan Johar's Takht, a film which will require him to tread one of the 'scariest territories' as a performer. Takht is based in the Mughal era and chronicles the story of two warring brothers.
"Takht is one of the scariest territories I am going to enter as an actor. I can't give out the details but for sure, it's going to be something. I am filled with excitement and anxiety. It's a good space as an actor. I am really anxious about what I'm getting into," Vicky told PTI.
The actor recalls the time he got a confirmation call for the magnum opus while he was shooting for Uri in Serbia and flipped when he heard the good news. "To see your name on a Karan Johar poster is as dreamy as his films. It took me some time to let it sink in that I'm one of the leads in a Karan Johar film. It is one of his biggest films ever so it feels surreal, overwhelming."
Vicky recently worked with Karan Johar in the director's short film Lust Stories. "I've grown up watching his films, I've seen Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham so many times. He is an extremely special filmmaker. Just to be a part of one of his films, it's huge," he added.
Vicky Kaushal was last seen in Ranbir Kapoor starrer Sanju and despite being casted as a side actor, he shone throughout in the film. We won't be wrong if we say that Vicky Kaushal deserves all the attention and we can't wait long to see him again on the silver screen sooner!