- You Won't Believe How Karan Johar REACTED When Neha Dhupia Told Him She's Getting Married!
- BREAKING: Prabhas Breaks Silence On His FIGHT With Karan Johar & Reveals What EXACTLY Happened!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding: Ranveer Singh Flaunts His Funky Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh, Karan Johar & Others Praise Harshvardhan Kapoor's Bhavesh Joshi Trailer
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play Alia Bhatt's Dance Teacher In This Sanjay Dutt- Varun Dhawan Film?
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit Begins Shooting For This Sanjay, Varun, Alia, Sonakshi & Aditya Starrer!
- Karan Johar On My Name Is Khan: I'm Proud Of Shahrukh Khan & The Way He Played The Character
- Karan Johar Recreates Old Delhi For Kalank, Spends Rs 15 Crore For It!
- A Big Fat Wedding: Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh & Shahid Kapoor Set The Stage On Fire [Inside Photos]
- Not Madhuri Dixit, Sanjay Dutt Was Uncomfortable To Work With Her Again In Karan Johar's Kalank
- Karan Johar Becomes Bollywood's First Director To Have His Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Kalank: Sanjay Dutt & Madhuri Dixit Reunite, Film Also Stars Varun, Alia, Aditya & Sonakshi!
Karan Johar has always been associated with a certain brand of cinema which is larger than life and is known for films which are his takes on various definitions of romance.
However the filmmaker is unhappy that he isn't taken seriously as a filmmaker because he doesn't make intense movies. In a interview with DNA, KJo spoke about why he believes he is a 'victim' of perception and his reaction when actors turn down his film. Scroll down to read more...
Karan Johar Says People Take Him For Granted
He was quoted as saying, "I think I'm a victim of perception and I pay the price for it as well. It's unfortunate that just because I'm in your living space on a daily basis, I'm not taken as seriously as I should be and the fault is mine."
Staying True To Himself
"I am so accessible, affable and amiable that everybody thinks they can take me for granted - say and do what they want and I'm supposed to take it rightly because I'm this jolly fellow who is happily around. So what should I do? Distance myself from everyone, get stuck up in a room and pretend to be arrogant in order to be taken seriously? I can't do that because that's not who I am."
SLB And Rajkumar Hirani Are Intense Filmmakers Who Just Do Their Work And Nothing Else
KJo further quipped, " I don't get taken as seriously as Sanjay Leela Bhansali or Rajkumar Hirani because they're intense filmmakers who just do their work and nothing else."
Karan Goes On A Rant
Karan is known for being honest as well as being a social butterfly. When quizzed if these could be the reasons for not being taken seriously, he revealed, "No, I don't think it's about honesty. It's about perception and I can play act perception. All I need to do is stop going out of my house for a year, living in my office, screaming about five times a month, going off social media and giving intense close-ups when the paparazzi arrives to click pictures of me in a driving car. Then, I'll be taken seriously. But if I wear my Gucci jumpers, high heel shiny shoes, and I'm grabbing headlines on Twitter or on the newspaper every day, how will you take me seriously?
"I'm all over the place and don't blame anyone for that. Perhaps, sometimes I don't take myself so seriously. But at some point, it pinches. I'm like, ‘S**t ya, I have done this. So, give me credit for it.' But I won't get it because my last name is Johar!"
His Reaction When Actors Turn Down His Films
"It's disappointment but never anger. I never hold it against anybody. I think most lead actors in the country have said no to me at some point of time, but eventually, I've worked with all of them. When they refused a role, they just didn't connect to the material at that point."