TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Bollywood director Vidhu Vinod Chopra's upcoming movie on Kashmir will be shot in the migrant camps of Kashmiri Pandits here, an official said.
"Vinod Chopra is scheduled to shoot his upcoming movie from March 27-April 7 in the migrant camps," said K K Sidha, deputy commissioner (relief), Jammu. He, however, said there would be no shooting on March 29 and 31, and April 4 at the camps, which are inhabited by Kashmiri Hindus, who were forced out of the Valley after the rise of militancy in the region in the early 90's.
Talking to PTI, assistant-director Asheish Nijhawan said the shooting would take place in the migrant camps, but refrained from giving further details about the movie. Most of the actors will be fresh faces, Nijhawan said, adding that Kashmiris, including young, old, middle-aged, male, female and kids, would be hired for the shooting.
Producer of popular movies like 3 Idiots, PK and the Munna Bhai film series, Chopra had earlier shot Mission Kashmir, starring Hrithik Roshan, Sanjay Dutt and Preity Zinta, in the Valley. Originally hailing from Jammu and Kashmir, Chopra had spent his early life in Srinagar, where he studied in a school and college.
He had met Union minister Jitendra Singh and Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra in the past and held discussions on this project.