- This Is What Ranbir Kapoor Said About Vidhu Vinod Chopra's Statement On Casting Ranveer For Sanju
- Sanju: Vidhu Vinod Chopra Admits He REJECTED Ranbir Kapoor; Wanted To REPLACE Him With Ranveer Singh
- Sanju Was Shattered! Film Industry Had Banned Sanjay Dutt When He Came Back From Jail The First Time
- MUST READ! Sanjay Dutt REVEALS How He Is A Part Of Ranbir Kapoor Starrer Dutt
- FIRST TIME EVER! Anil Kapoor & Sonam Kapoor Team Up For A Film Which Goes On Floors Today In Patiala
- Dulquer Salmaan Has Found A New Admirer In Vidhu Vinod Chopra!
Bollywood director Vidhu Vinod Chopra's upcoming movie on Kashmir will be shot in the migrant camps of Kashmiri Pandits here, an official said.
"Vinod Chopra is scheduled to shoot his upcoming movie from March 27-April 7 in the migrant camps," said K K Sidha, deputy commissioner (relief), Jammu. He, however, said there would be no shooting on March 29 and 31, and April 4 at the camps, which are inhabited by Kashmiri Hindus, who were forced out of the Valley after the rise of militancy in the region in the early 90's.
Talking to PTI, assistant-director Asheish Nijhawan said the shooting would take place in the migrant camps, but refrained from giving further details about the movie. Most of the actors will be fresh faces, Nijhawan said, adding that Kashmiris, including young, old, middle-aged, male, female and kids, would be hired for the shooting.
Producer of popular movies like 3 Idiots, PK and the Munna Bhai film series, Chopra had earlier shot Mission Kashmir, starring Hrithik Roshan, Sanjay Dutt and Preity Zinta, in the Valley. Originally hailing from Jammu and Kashmir, Chopra had spent his early life in Srinagar, where he studied in a school and college.
He had met Union minister Jitendra Singh and Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra in the past and held discussions on this project.