- Abhishek Kapoor & Pragya Yadav Blessed With Baby Boy, Director Says, 'It's Gonna Be A Mad House'
- Sigh Of Relief For Sara Ali Khan! Actress Can Now Shoot For Kedarnath & Simmba Simultaneously
- Prerna Arora's Shocking Act Creates New Trouble For Sushant Singh Rajput- Sara Ali Khan's Kedarnath!
- Kedarnath: Sushant Singh Rajput-Sara Ali Khan Film Back On Track With Ronnie Screwvala's Entry!
- BACK ON TRACK! Sara Ali Khan's Debut Film Kedarnath Is NOT SHELVED & We Have The Proof
- RIDICULOUS! This Director Is Spreading VENOM Against Shahrukh Khan; Saying Some MEAN & NASTY Things
- We Are Still Associated With 'Kedarnath': Prernaa Arora On Her Spat With Abhishek Kapoor
- Kedarnath Controversy! Team Abhishek Kapoor ACCUSES KriAj Entertainment Of Spreading False Rumours
- SHOCKING! Sara Ali Khan's Debut Film Kedarnath In Trouble; Will It Get Shelved Cos Of This Fight?
- 2 Years Of Fitoor! Director Abhishek Kapoor Calls It A Very 'Enriching' Experience
- Fall-Out On Kedarnath Gets UGLY! Abhishek Kapoor's Production House PART WAYS With Prerna Arora
- ALL GUNS BLAZING! Abhishek Kapoor Films A Difficult Scene For Sushant- Sara's Kedarnath
Yesterday, we told you that 'Kedarnath' director Abhishek Kapoor and his wife Pragya Yadav have been blessed with a baby boy. The filmmaker had posted, "With the blessings of lord Shiva, In the wee hours of this morning, my jaan @pragyadav has bought another bundle of joy in to our lives. At 3.38 am today, 28 of august 2018, #isana ka bhaiya aa gaya . #jaibholenath🙏🙏. Both mother and son are doing fine and resting. Its gonna be a mad house with a lot more ❤️ to go around #isanakafasana (sic)."
Now, Abhishek has shared the first picture of his newborn whom the couple has named 'Shamsher'. Scroll down to check out more.
Revealing why they chose to name the newborn Shamsher, an excerpt from Abhishek's Instagram post read, "The ease with which our son has entered this world carried the same confidence his mother has like a lion. In fact, he is a first amongst lions. His mother and I have decided to call him Shamsher."
Rock On!! Completes A Decade Of Its Release
In the same post, he also shared his story of making his debut as an actor and then shifting to direction, "I started my career as an actor and did a number of movies as a leading man... many of them didn't even see the light of day and the ones that did, failed miserably. Then, I wrote a story called Aryan and made a shift to direction. That movie didn't succeed either. I went back to work and made another movie which many thought would barely make a mark .On the 28th of August 2008, exactly 10 years ago, that movie, Rock On!! premiered and went on to succeed like no other that year and won two National Awards... I had finally got my head out of the water and could breathe."
One Happy Family
Abhishek Kapoor got married to his long-time girlfriend Pragya Yadav on May 4, 2015, at ISKCON Temple, Mumbai. The couple is already parents to a daughter Isana, who was born in 2016.
Kedarnath - Coming Up Next
On the work front, Abhishek Kapoor's next directorial venture is Kedarnath, which stars Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan in lead roles.