- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Will Not Marry In 2018, But 2019 It Is! Read Details
- Rivalry Over Wedding! Deepika Padukone Wants Everything That Priyanka Chopra Gets, Says A Filmmaker
- Ranveer Singh Renovates His House, Could It Be For The Wedding With Deepika Padukone?
- An Usually Cool Deepika Padukone Loses Temper When Asked About Her Wedding With Ranveer Singh!
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Ex-Boyfriend, Says Only Ranbir Kapoor Had The Guts To Say This To Me!
- Deepika Padukone To Return In The Next 'xXx' Film, Confirms Director DJ Caruso!
- Deepika Padukone On Irrfan Khan's Illness: Life Is Fragile, Anything Can Happen To Anyone!
- Deepika Padukone To Confirm Her Wedding Details Soon! Here's Proof
- Deepika Padukone On Biopics: I Feel Like There Are Too Many Being Made!
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Perform Nandi Puja Ahead Of Their Wedding!
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement: Deepika Padukone Wasn't Invited But Ranveer Singh Was?
- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
When we talk about 'nepotism', we always end up giving examples of Shahrukh Khan, Akshay Kumar and Ranveer Singh, who entered B-town as an outsider and then with their sheer talent and hard-work, conquered the film industry. Deepika Padukone's story is no different. Despite hailing from a reputed family, she never had any godfather in B-town and with her hard work only, the actress is now touted as the Bollywood Queen!
In her ten years long career, the actress faced many failures but rose like a phoenix from the ashes. But did you know that during her initial days in Bollywood, how Deepika was almost roped in for a big movie with a 'superstar' and then ousted without her knowledge?
Here's What Had Happened..
In a rather candid conversation with Filmfare Editor, Jitesh Pillai the actress revealed, "About three-four years ago, I was offered a film which I didn't expect and I felt at that point the film would have done a lot for my career. By just being a part of that film."
Deepika Was Assured She Will Be Roped In..
She further added that she met the producers and they said they're really sure about her casting in the film but they need to ask the actor. Apparently, at that time, the actor was traveling but the producers told Deepika, "Consider it's done."
Deepika Was Swapped By Someone
Deepika further reveals how excited she was about that particular project. She said, "I was very excited and I thought I had it in me. And then I suddenly found out that I was no more in the film and basically there been some sort of swap."
How Ranbir Came To Her Rescue..
In the same conversation, Deepika also revealed that Ranbir Kapoor starrer Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani fell into her lap around the same time and since then there was no turning back! She also admitted that YJHD changed the game for her she was so grateful to have reunited with her ex-boyfriend on screen for the same film.
Deepika Also Talked About SRK & Farah
That's not all. Deepika also talked about her debut film, Om Shaanti Om and revealed she never gave a screen test for the film and throughout the shoot of the film, SRK & Farah boosted Deepika's confidence and assured her that she's made for this film.
Deepika, On The Work Front
On the professional front, Deepika will be next seen in the biopic of Sapna Didi. The film also stars Irrfan Khan and will be directed by Vishal Bhardwaj. After portraying the role of Rani Padmavati in "Padmaavat", Deepika will portray the mafia queen inVishal Bhardwaj's next directorial venture.
Deepika On Her Next Film..
"I guess I am drawn to strong characters. I am very excited to play this part. Like 'Padmaavat' was a 13th century old story that even after so many years the power of women is visible to all today. We are standing up for ourselves with dignity. I find her journey so relevant. It is going to be similar with Vishal sir's film."