- Mijwan 2018: Ranbir Kapoor Had This To Say About Deepika Padukone Before The Ramp Walk!
- Priyanka Chopra Shows What A Good 'Friend' She Is To Deepika Padukone!
- Mijwan 2018 Live Pics: Deepika Padukone & Ranbir Kapoor Prove They're The Coolest Ex-flame Of B-town
- Deepika Padukone In Time's 100 Most Influential People List: Vin Diesel Says She's An Actor's Actor
- An Upset Majid Majidi EXPOSES Kangana Ranaut's Lie; Also Reveals Why He Rejected Deepika Padukone
- Majid Majidi, Who Rejected Deepika Padukone For The Beyond The Clouds Says He Wanted An Indian Face!
- Deepika Padukone's Wedding! Jewellery Brand To Launch Exclusive Collections Just For Her?
- Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra & Deepika Padukone Declared World’s Most Admired Women Of 2018!
- Sonam Kapoor Extends An Olive Branch To Rival Deepika Padukone: New Wedding Date & Guest List Out
- Ranveer Singh REVEALS Why His Wedding With Deepika Padukone Is NOT HAPPENING This Year!
- Deepika Padukone Refuses To Endorse Aerated Drinks; Calls Off Her Association With This Cola Brand?
- IT'S HAPPENING! Deepika Padukone DOESN'T DENY Marrying Ranveer Singh; Reacts To All The Buzz
- Ranbir Kapoor Starrer Dutt Biopic Teaser To Be The Most Viewed Teaser!
When we talk about 'nepotism', we always end up giving examples of Shahrukh Khan, Akshay Kumar and Ranveer Singh, who entered B-town as an outsider and then with their sheer talent and hard-work, conquered the film industry. Deepika Padukone's story is no different. Despite hailing from a reputed family, she never had any godfather in B-town and with her hard work only, the actress is now touted as the Bollywood Queen!
In her ten years long career, the actress faced many failures but rose like a phoenix from the ashes. But did you know that during her initial days in Bollywood, how Deepika was almost roped in for a big movie with a 'superstar' and then ousted without her knowledge?
Here's What Had Happened..
In a rather candid conversation with Filmfare Editor, Jitesh Pillai the actress revealed, "About three-four years ago, I was offered a film which I didn't expect and I felt at that point the film would have done a lot for my career. By just being a part of that film."
Deepika Was Assured She Will Be Roped In..
She further added that she met the producers and they said they're really sure about her casting in the film but they need to ask the actor. Apparently, at that time, the actor was traveling but the producers told Deepika, "Consider it's done."
Deepika Was Swapped By Someone
Deepika further reveals how excited she was about that particular project. She said, "I was very excited and I thought I had it in me. And then I suddenly found out that I was no more in the film and basically there been some sort of swap."
How Ranbir Came To Her Rescue..
In the same conversation, Deepika also revealed that Ranbir Kapoor starrer Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani fell into her lap around the same time and since then there was no turning back! She also admitted that YJHD changed the game for her she was so grateful to have reunited with her ex-boyfriend on screen for the same film.
Deepika Also Talked About SRK & Farah
That's not all. Deepika also talked about her debut film, Om Shaanti Om and revealed she never gave a screen test for the film and throughout the shoot of the film, SRK & Farah boosted Deepika's confidence and assured her that she's made for this film.
Deepika, On The Work Front
On the professional front, Deepika will be next seen in the biopic of Sapna Didi. The film also stars Irrfan Khan and will be directed by Vishal Bhardwaj. After portraying the role of Rani Padmavati in "Padmaavat", Deepika will portray the mafia queen inVishal Bhardwaj's next directorial venture.
Deepika On Her Next Film..
"I guess I am drawn to strong characters. I am very excited to play this part. Like 'Padmaavat' was a 13th century old story that even after so many years the power of women is visible to all today. We are standing up for ourselves with dignity. I find her journey so relevant. It is going to be similar with Vishal sir's film."