- Sui Dhaga Challenge: Alia Bhatt Nominates Karan Johar & Ranbir Kapoor; Akshay Kumar Fails To Do It
- Rajinikanth Unhappy With 2.0 Storyline? Is Akshay Kumar The Real Hero Of The Film?
- After Sui Dhaaga, Rajinikanth's 2.0 Becomes A Favourite Meme Target! View Funny Memes Here
- Here’s How Akshay Kumar & Twinkle Khanna Wished Their Son Aarav On His 16th Birthday!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Infamous Fight With Bobby Deol's Wife: She Didn't Behave Properly With My Mom
- Housefull 4: Akshay Kumar & Kriti Sanon To Shoot A Baahubali War Spoof In Jaisalmer Palace
- Robo 2.0: Why Is Rajinikanth's Chitti Seen Making The Cuckoo Noise? Details Revealed Here
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: Akshay Kumar, Anushka Sharma, Sonam Kapoor Wish Everyone A Happy Festival
- Robo2.0: Will The Rajinikanth Starrer Be The First Indian Film To Cross Rs 2000 Crores Worldwide?
- 2.0 Teaser: Rajinikanth And Akshay Kumar’s Film Promises To Be An Absolute Delight!
- Akshay Kumar Shares New Posters Of Kesari & 2.0
- 2.0: Are The Makers Of Rajinikanth-Akshay Kumar's Film Lying About Its Budget?
By doing projects like Toilet Ek Prem Katha & Padman, Akshay Kumar is ruling hearts & breaking stereotypes like a pro! Who would have thought in their wildest dreams that Mr Khiladi will sport a women underwear so that he can pass a relevant message to world about 'menstruation'.
In his recent interview with First Post, Akshay Kumar recalls a scene, where he had to wear pink panties with the sanitary pad on the sets of Padman and he got scared for a few seconds.
Akshay Doesn't Want To Shock Anyone With 'Padman'
He says, "It is chiefly a story of quintessential Indian ingenuity, of the journey of an innovator, and an inventor. Arunachalam is a great man. He used his common sense, nothing else."
Akshay Felt Scared But Only For A Few Seconds..
"I kept looking at the pink panties and then wore it with the pad in it. I got scared only for those 30 seconds," he added.
Do Not Call 'Menstruation' A Sensitive Issue
"Firstly, do not call it a sensitive issue. It is a natural process of a human body. It is time to get rid of those taboos attached to it and it is time to treat the issue maturely."
"Also, women should not shy away from talking about the issue and certainly should not whisper about it."
Akshay Feels 'Menstruation' Should Be Celebrated
Akshay says, "When you celebrate it, the girl who is already going through a physical and hormonal transition, will feel confident and secure."
Akshay Makes A Valid Point!
"But we exclude our women from the normalcy of life during those five days. So from the first experience, women feel that period is something they should hide. So you know where we should start from."
Akshay Mentions Horrifying Ways That Women Use To Stop Bleeding
"Women told me that they used mud, burnt ash and dirty cloth to manage bleeding. It was shocking, it was horrifying. I met some foreigners and they laughed at us wondering we didn't know what a sanitary pad was."
"Padman is an important film for our country. Nobody has ever made a film on this issue. Even in documentaries that I saw, sanitary pads are always hidden," added Akshay.
When Akshay Learnt About 'Menstruation'
Speaking about same, Akshay said, "I learnt about menstruation only when I was 19-20. I never held a pad in my hand. Nobody in my family asked me to buy sanitary napkin and it's only in the last two years that I came to know about it in great detail."
Akshay Reveals The Sad Reality Of 'Menstruating Women'
"I have now learnt that menstruating women are considered ritually impure and polluted, and they are often isolated as untouchables. That they can't touch pickles, enter kitchen, or go to temples, wash their hair."
"Then, too many girls end up dropping out of school because they don't have supplies to manage their periods," he further said.
In the same interview, when Akshay was asked if he has discussed the same with their own son, Aarav, he said, "His (Aarav) mother has explained everything to him. Nothing is hidden in our family. Aarav knows. I am not living a double standard life that I am talking to people about it but I have hidden it from my own son."