- The Stree Effect! Shraddha Kapoor Races Ahead Of Alia Bhatt; Find Out Details!
- Sadak 2: Sanjay Dutt, Pooja Bhatt, Alia Bhatt & Aditya Roy Kapur To Star In The Film!
- Sui Dhaga Challenge: Alia Bhatt Nominates Karan Johar & Ranbir Kapoor; Akshay Kumar Fails To Do It
- Koffee With Karan Season 6 Promo Out! First Episode To Air On October 21, 2018
- Alia Bhatt's Mom Soni Razdan On Ranbir Kapoor: He Is A Lovely, Lovely Boy
- 'Are You Stupid?' Varun Dhawan Reacts To Alia Bhatt's Pay Hike
- Ranbir Kapoor Is A Womanizer! Alia Bhatt Gets Slut-shamed For Allegedly Ditching Sidharth Malhotra
- Kaun Banega Crorepati Trolled Over Question On Alia Bhatt’s Kiss; The Post Goes Viral!
- Alia Bhatt's Raazi Vs Shraddha Kapoor's Stree: The Fan Club War Just Got Real! Read Details
- Guess Who Dropped By On Ranbir-Alia's Brahmastra Sets? None Other Than The President Of India!
- Rishi Kapoor Who Reprimanded Katrina Kaif From Calling Him 'Papa' Says He & Neetu Like Alia Bhatt!
- Sorry Katrina, But Karan Has Already Told Alia Bhatt That Ranbir Kapoor Will Be The BEST Husband!
Bollywood isn't all about glitz and glamour; there's even a dark side to it. In recent times, we have seen many of our celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma, Karan Johar, Tiger Shroff and others opening up about their battle with depression. Recently at the trailer launch of Dark side of Life: Mumbai City, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt made a chilling revelation about how his daughter Shaheen came to a point of considering suicide when she was diagnosed with clinical depression-
Mahesh Bhatt's Chilling Revelation
"My daughter Shaheen discovered she's suffering from clinical depression at 16. She also came to a point of considering suicide at the age of 12-13. This happened at home."
Movie Industry Is A 'High Stress Business'
"It (films) is a high stress business and that's why not many can do it. That's why you have people prone to substance abuse, mood swings. You have a tendency to gravitate towards depression because you are dependent continuously," Mahesh was quoted as saying by PTI.
It Takes A Lot Of Courage
"When you show a trailer, you constantly wonder if there'll be claps. It takes a lot of courage to be on the centre stage and hope that people will shower compliments on you. However big a filmmaker is, the day the film opens, everyone is scared."
Surviving In The Showbiz Is Not Everyone's Cup Of Tea
"No one has been saved by this and this is the entertainment industry's speciality. That's the way it has been and it'll remain so. Very few can sustain this, others leave and run away."
He further added, "Even in our industry, a girl gave away her life. She came to us for work once but we couldn't work together. I still remember seeing her body, the one who came here to work. I've seen this side of the city too."
Shaheen's Battle With Depression
"I've lived with depression since I was 12-years-old and since then I've been suicidal on more than one occasion. I've experienced the sheer terror of contemplating a life filled with unrelenting anguish, and I've been consumed by the terrifying thought of having but a single means of escape from a bleak, unbearable future," read an excerpt from an article penned by Shaheen in Vogue magazine where she spoke about her battle with depression.